Cruise rates lower now than what I paid!

jackg962

The prices on the 5/14/09 cruise out of Tampa to Cozumel have gone down considerably from what I paid. Does anyone know if and what Carnival might be doing in these cases. Would they offer an on board credit or a refund on the differance?

If you booked early saver you can get OBC up until cruise time, well 2 days before. I assume you didn't, so no you can't get OBC. They will allow you to move to a higher category if it goes less then you paid though. Or if it's not much higher you might want to pay the difference to move up.

I booked as a past Carnival guest and got a 6C for 2 for 812$. Now you can get a 6D for 712$. Should I call and try to get some on board credits or request an upgrade?

Carnival does not give price adjustments after final payment date, unless you booked early saver.

You MIGHT get an upgrade, but that is it.

Look at the deck plans and see if there are any 6D rooms you would like to move to that are available. If so call and get and upgrade. Or if there are higher categories like balcony going cheap and you want to pay a little extra you can upgrade to one of them if open.

The prices on the 5/14/09 cruise out of Tampa to Cozumel have gone down considerably from what I paid. Does anyone know if and what Carnival might be doing in these cases. Would they offer an on board credit or a refund on the differance?

You'd have to call Carnival on this.

If you booked the Early Saver rate, there might be some reduction....but, probably not.

Archived