Just back from Mariner 'Alaskan' Riviera cruise...

Maybe because we also missed Mexican ports because of the swine flu. Duh. Maybe you should wake up and get over it. We also missed more ports than you and spent 11 days at sea.

Your cruise was also twice as long as ours and you went to over half of your scheduled ports. We spent 5 out of our 7 days at sea and went to one scheduled port. Easy to tell us to get over it when you did receive a FCC for your missed ports. :rolleyes:

Your cruise was also twice as long as ours and you went to over half of your scheduled ports. We spent 5 out of our 7 days at sea and went to one scheduled port. Easy to tell us to get over it when you did receive a FCC for your missed ports. :rolleyes:

Exactly!!

CC has continually maintained that they have no interest in RCI or vice versus. Why would folks protesting a certain treatment they are receiving from RCI affect CC in any way?

Does CC have less or more of an obligation to its members than it does to RCI? My understanding is that there is no collaboration between RCI and CC. We have been continuously assured of that as I have said. So are you saying CC should not allow their members to speak up if they have been aggrieved by a corporation? Why would CC treat their own members like that?

Just wondering,

Colleen

RCI pays for advertising. Carnival pays for advertising. This site is operated to make money.

QED

jc

I don't understand how you're still allowed to post, all you ever do is cause trouble.. Try being helpful or give advice instead of the same ole dung that you leave on other threads!

I missed you too!:D Hope you don't have to go away again. ;)

jc

klfngr............almost as good a name a rubrrick!

You can go so far with your "Holier than thou" BS.............and sorry that the corporate office..........didn't give you what you wanted.......but when you start putting my friends down..........those that I know.........where I don't know you from adam...............I'm offended!!

I have stuck up for you because a friend of mine says that she knows you and that you are a good guy.

Striking out at my friend, as you have done........takes you off of the list......

You do not know JC......any more than the man in the moon ......and to cut him down......when you have no right........and now I know what kind of person you are.

Sorry.......you will have nothing but triangles from me in the future........should you continue to post...............without an apology.

And I expect an apology directed to JC...........

Rick

Ah, Rick, you are way too kind. It is ok. I am quite comfortable with who and what I am, and I don't take anything posted at CC very personally. Especially, when they have a Benny Hill avatar.:D I am fairly certain that if you polled my fellow roll call members over the past decade that I would at least get a rating of helpful. I might even get a higher recommendation.:D

I feel bad for everyone that ended up on a vacation that they didn't plan for or want.

jc

People, this is CC, cruise critic, don't you get it? This means we cruisers are allowed to critique our cruise lines and provide feedback for all cruisers so they can make informed, intelligent choices of which cruise lines will provide the best ships, itineraries, meals, activities, and SERVICE!!! This is NOT fansofRCIcruises.com.

Excellent Post.Where better to Protest RCCL's Heartless Behavior than CC !

Spread the News in other ways.Tell your friends at Church,Your Health Clubs,Volunteer Groups.Stand Up For Your Rights!!!!!!!!!

Captain Jake gets it, too! :D

For all those soured by the 4/26 Mariner cruise.:D

1 liter of 100 proof vodka (Absolut is the most popular 100 proof brand)

1 1/2 cups water

5 large lemons - NOT lemon juice

2 cups sugar

Wash the lemons, quarter them, and squeeze out as much of the juice as you can. Discard the juice.

Pour the vodka into a large mason jar, or other airtight glass jar.

Add the lemons, seal the jar, and put it in a dark cool place for 5 days.

After 5 days, put the water in a pot, add the sugar and bring to a boil.

Keep at low boil for 5 minutes, stirring often.

Cool to room temperature.

Stir in the vodka and lemons, wait an hour.

Remove the lemon pieces (best to strain them out).

Stir.

Pour the mixture into glass bottles and make airtight.

Put the bottles in your freezer overnight.

Store in freezer until your next dinner event or cocktail party. In Italy, limoncello is traditionally served in small ceramic cups. It can be mixed with tonic, if preferred.

When life gives you lemons, make limoncello!

For all those soured by the 4/26 Mariner cruise.:D

When life gives you lemons, make limoncello!

Being of Italian decent, I have always wanted to try to make limoncello! Thank you for finally contributing something of use! I appreciate it! ;)

Thanks for the contrasts of the different cruises. I would not expect anything from RCCL but your posts are a warning to all of us this could happen to me.

Yes, and it will happen again. Princess and Carnival will step up again, and RCI won't. That is my bet.

I was on the 4-26 and 5-10 sailings.

4-26...pax scrambling to purchase warm clothing with the OBC.

5-10...pax showing off their watches and jewelry purchases with their OBC in the MDR.

4-26...pax stating this is my first cruise and my last, I heard this at least 10 times.

5-10...pax talking about how they were cruising for nothing, because some were able to take advantage of price drops etc.etc.etc...besides all their options.

A little honey goes along way...and if RCI does not come through for the 4-26 cruisers...who paid "top dollar" for our cruise they are missing the Boat.

Just good business sense to me.......

Unbelievable!! I'm speechless, for once!

Ah, Rick, you are way too kind. It is ok. I am quite comfortable with who and what I am, and I don't take anything posted at CC very personally. Especially, when they have a Benny Hill avatar.:D I am fairly certain that if you polled my fellow roll call members over the past decade that I would at least get a rating of helpful. I might even get a higher recommendation.:D

I feel bad for everyone that ended up on a vacation that they didn't plan for or want.

jc

Take it from a grown man that has a hotwheel as his avatar, lol!

Your last sentence was actually nice... suprise, suprise... Gollie Gomer!

[quote name='jbond']For all those soured by the 4/26 Mariner cruise.:D

1 liter of 100 proof vodka (Absolut is the most popular 100 proof brand)
1 1/2 cups water
5 large lemons - NOT lemon juice
2 cups sugar
Wash the lemons, quarter them, and squeeze out as much of the juice as you can. Discard the juice.

Pour the vodka into a large mason jar, or other airtight glass jar.

Add the lemons, seal the jar, and put it in a dark cool place for 5 days.

After 5 days, put the water in a pot, add the sugar and bring to a boil.

Keep at low boil for 5 minutes, stirring often.

Cool to room temperature.

Stir in the vodka and lemons, wait an hour.

Remove the lemon pieces (best to strain them out).

Stir.

Pour the mixture into glass bottles and make airtight.

Put the bottles in your freezer overnight.

Store in freezer until your next dinner event or cocktail party. In Italy, limoncello is traditionally served in small ceramic cups. It can be mixed with tonic, if preferred.

When life gives you lemons, make limoncello![/QUOTE]

Best advice you've ever given, I think I'll try it this weekend!

Archived