Bermuda bus routes and where to buy pass

I understand that bus routes 1 and/or 3 are considered the best bus routes for travel from St. George to Hamilton... What makes one route best for a tourist in Bermuda... ?

where in St. George does a tourist purchase the bus/ferry pass...? When traveling to the various beaches.... Does the bus make stops at or near the beaches...?

Thanks..

If you have questions about a port of call, which Bermuda is, they should be asked at the Ports of Call board, located here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

I have answered as many of your questions as I can.

Here’s a link to the bus routes map for Bermuda:

http://www.rccbermuda.bm/portal/server.pt?open=512&objID=252&mode=2&in_hi_userid=2&cached=true

I would use bus #10 or #11 to go from St George to Hamilton and return

Tobacco Bay Beach and St Catherine's Beach are both within walking (or special bus ride) from St George.

For Horseshoe Bay Beach and other south shore beaches, a bus ride to Hamilton is required where you would change to a #7 bus outbound.

Passes can be bought at the St George visitor center as well as the post office, cash only.

When you board the bus, you will politely greet the bus driver and tell him where you are going and the driver will drop you at the nearest bus stop.

SBtS

The bus/ferry pass is really a good deal. The bus system is great, the drivers are very helpful. Each driver we dealt with made the announcement of what stop we were looking for. Also a few of the locals on the bus gave us a lot of informative info while on the bus. One gentlemen told us exactly where to get off on our way back to St. George, along with various things we should see during our visit. If you want to go to the dockyard for the day, grab one of the early morning ferry's (the loading spot is down the street from the pier) It's a nice boat ride. St. George is great, Dockyard was cool to see, but we weren't a big fan of Hamilton (too city). We hit the caves/Swizzle Inn, and then took the bus to Hamilton and back to St. George. It was a nice ride. Have a great time, you will love Bermuda. Tobacco Bay was great, then we walked to Fort St. Catherine beach (10 minute walk). There was great snorkeling at Tobacco Bay, a kid from the other ship in port had some Fruit Loops and you should see the fish that came to him..amazing!

we purchased our tickets last july at the post office. while we were there we also checked our email at a FREE kiosk. i jump a mile when i heard, full volume "You've got mail". didn't know i'd get sound.

I understand that bus routes 1 and/or 3 are considered the best bus routes for travel from St. George to Hamilton... What makes one route best for a tourist in Bermuda... ?

where in St. George does a tourist purchase the bus/ferry pass...? When traveling to the various beaches.... Does the bus make stops at or near the beaches...?

Thanks..

They are available right off the ship... very reasonable its a bus/ferry combo unlimited - just take the bus to the beach. It's really easy;)

You can also go to Cafe Latte..the Bermuda Visitor Center...a few doors up from the Post office. The people tere are very helpful with suggestions of where anbd hoe to go. You might even get the meet E. Michael Jones, a wealth of information, and a very nice man. He used to be the Mayor of St. George and also a former town crier. Transportation passes and many brochures available...enjoy!

Where in the Dockyards can the tickets be purchased?

You can buy them right at the pier (probably long lines if ship just arrived), or walk over to the Bus/Ferry Stop (short walk from Kings Wharf or Heritage Wharf) and the line was much shorter. You can see the trailer from the pier. They will give you the bus and ferry schedules when you buy your pass.

Archived