Oahu - Anyone do the LOST Tour?

PCruzer

A question for all the HAL Hawaii cruisers - Have any of you done the tour of the filming sites for the TV program LOST? I would be interested in hearing about your experience. Also, were you picked up at the ship? How many people were on your tour? My husband and I will be doing the 33-day Hawaii/South Pacific cruise in January 2010. I would like to do one of these LOST tours, as I am a huge fan of the show, but my husband wants to do a ship's tour of WWII sites. I would hope that I would not be the only person going on the tour by herself. I have a post over on our Roll Call board to see if anyone else would be interested. If you have done one of these LOST tours, I would be very interested in hearing what you thought of it. Thanks!

I was going to do it, but one of my employees, who lived on Oahu for many years, dated the daughter of the producer of the show and teased and ridiculed me until I switched and spent the day doing Diamond Head and Wikiki Beach instead. He said it was nothing more than a "bunch of trailors at the beach". I am weak, I'll admit it.

We loved laying out on Wikiki Beach..and Diamond Head was a good hike too. No regrets. Then we ate Sushi and made it back to the ship to eat even more.

Hi... I did the Kos Tours "Lost" tour back in 2007. We booked a private charter so it was just me and my friend and mom. Even though my mom isn't a Lost fan she enjoyed it as well because we stopped at all the normal tourist places on the circle island tour but also stopped at many movie and TV locations. Ed Kos personally did the tour and it was really the best part of this cruise. Ed picked us up at the pier in his Hummer and we spent the full day. He has a DVD player showing the scenes and in some cases he brings the Hummer around showing the exact locations of where they are filming. Since I am a big Lost fan we did a lot more filming locations then the normal tour and depending on when you are there you may see filming. We saw them set up filming by the air strip and the cap area where The Others and the Dharma people live. This was all on the North Shore. Also since they were filming the entire Losties camp on the beach was there and we went to look at it. They had a guard there but you could walk pretty close to it...

Here are some pictures form my cruise with lots of shots from the Lost tour...

http://nobbync.smugmug.com/gallery/3817340_rcncB#216939611_YTTSe

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

Nobby

Nobby -

Thanks for the response. I did read about the Kos Tours. I was thinking of booking the Hawaiian Escapades tour, which I believe is exclusively a LOST Tour. I am hoping that maybe there is someone else on our cruise interested in booking also, as my husband wants to do a different ship tour.

Archived