Need directions in baltimore area

Firetrk

My boyfriend and I just booked our first cruise. We're going on the Pride out of Baltimore Sept. 27th. We are driving from the Philadelphia area. My problem is I am afraid to go over bridges over water. I have this crazy panic attack thing going on when I go over a bridge. So I was wondering if anyone that is familiar with the Baltimore area could help me find a route to the pier with going over as little of bridges as possible. I know this maybe an impossible task but I'm hoping for the best.

Take 95 South. You will have to take the Bridge over the Susquehanna river.

Crossing the Patapsco river is by the Fort McHenry Tunnel, then a short distance to the Cruise Terminal.

That's it for major water crossing.

You could also take Route 1 over the Conowingo Dam. Although technically there is water on both sides of you, you won't feel like you are on a bridge. But the easiest thing is to just close your eyes as you cross the Susquehanna on I-95. There is no bridge superstructure anyway, seems just like the rest of the highway.

The most important thing is for you to be in the extreme right hand lane as you go thru the Fort McHenry tunnel. Then take Exit 55 - Key Highway, as you exit the tunnel. The ship is right there.

• 3 weeks later...

The only bridge you will go over is the one over the susqehana (sp), This bridge isn't a suspension bridge. It is a pretty good one. I have a fear of some bridges, mainly the Delaware Memorial Bridge. I have conquered it now and drive over it when I have to. I just make sure I stay in the middle lane and hope for not alot of traffic. They do have a service for the Delaware Memorial Bridge that you can call them and they will drive you over in your car. I have never done that, but it is an option for people that have fears of the bridge.

Have fun on your cruise. If you get a chance stop at the Inner Harbor.

Jeanne

You've been given good advice that I can't add to. I just wanted to express my empathy knowing you have to cope with the Ben Franklin, Walt Whitman, Tacony Palmyra and maybe even the Burlington Bristol and Commodore Barry Bridges.

Archived