Elegant Tea onboard Summit

dukeysmom

It usually takes place in the afternoon.Theres no need to get really dressed up its more semiformal ware.They serve all kinds of tea sandwiches,watercress,English tea bisciuts,scones along with tea.If you can get out of your pool chair in the afternoon and put on some nice clothes for an hours or so you would enjoy it.

Just return from Summit transatlantic cruise and there was no Elegant tea offered for non-Captain's Club members. They only had a Captain's Club Elegant tea, but nothing for everyone else. A dissappointment.

We did attend the elegant tea on the Summit TA. If you go, do not eat lunch! They had sooooo many kinds of finger sandwiches and such, then the little dessert things started coming, then the scones with jam and cream! There was way too much food for the number attending. The Martini Strings played and it was very nice. It was one of the events that were listed on a sheet that was in our stateroom when we boarded. It was events that Captain's Club members (Select and Elite, I think) were invited too. Other events were things like a backstage tour and a chardonay blending wine event. Marilyn

I'm surprised to hear there was no tea for non captains club members. On all recent Celebrity cruises I've been on there has been one for Captain's Club Select and Elite in the specialty restaurant and the same afternoon there has been one in the main dining room that is open to all.

If you're really interested ask your Asst. Maite d' about it early in the cruise and you might be able to get an invite in the event they don't have one open to all.

I'm surprised to hear there was no tea for non captains club members. On all recent Celebrity cruises I've been on there has been one for Captain's Club Select and Elite in the specialty restaurant and the same afternoon there has been one in the main dining room that is open to all.

If you're really interested ask your Asst. Maite d' about it early in the cruise and you might be able to get an invite in the event they don't have one open to all.

As a newbie on the Southern Caribbean run, I can verify this was true then too. It was disappointing to us since I had read about it here and looked for it, but alas we were not Captain's Club members. I didnt even think to mention it to the Asst Maite d'. Good advice!

Thank you to all who responded. We're Captain Club Elite members because of our Diamond status with Royal Caribbean. I'm really looking forward to the tea. Now, if I can only convince my husband to dress up in the middle of the afternoon....

Stephanie

Archived