Aer Lingus Dublin Stopover

curiousx

Thank you! I have been in touch with Hotel 1898 and I save $$ if I book on line early. It looks beautiful. I don't think I will have the breakfast included, there must be a cafe nearby. I don't eat that much anyway, COFFEE is more important! Thanks again, you have put my mind at ease!

Enjoy your Celebrity TA cruise! It sounds wonderful!

What is the maximum length of time (days/nights/hours?) possible for a Dublin stopover with Aer Lingus. We will be flying Aer Lingus from NYC via Dublin to Lisbon (all one ticket). We'd like to spend as much time in Dublin as possible.

Many thanks

I would like to take the FCO-Dublin-JFK (and then hopefully connecting with Jet Blue home to Tampa) flight for next April. I would like to spend 1 or 2 nights in Dublin before heading back to the states. Are you saying you can book a longer layover flight all on 1 ticket instead of buying seperate one-way tickets?

Thank you! I have been in touch with Hotel 1898 and I save $$ if I book on line early. It looks beautiful. I don't think I will have the breakfast included, there must be a cafe nearby. I don't eat that much anyway, COFFEE is more important! Thanks again, you have put my mind at ease!

Good for you! We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel, either. There were lots of breakfast places all around and coffee everywhere - even a Dunkin's (I think it was called Dunkin's Coffee, not Dunkin Donuts) right down the street from the hotel. That was a bit of a shock to me! I love their coffee, but I couldn't quite bring myself to buy a cup of Dunkin's coffee in Barcelona!

• 5 months later...
I would like to take the FCO-Dublin-JFK (and then hopefully connecting with Jet Blue home to Tampa) flight for next April. I would like to spend 1 or 2 nights in Dublin before heading back to the states. Are you saying you can book a longer layover flight all on 1 ticket instead of buying seperate one-way tickets?

Sorry for the very late reply. In answer to your question, we spend 4 nights in Dublin. Our route was JFK-Dublin-Lisbon. JFK-Dublin was international; Dublin-Lisbon was intra-Europe. Both legs were booked on the same ticket, thus preserving the more generous "international" baggage allowances. Under the Air Lingus rules, we actually could have had a stopover of up to two weeks. Note that we had to have our TA telephone Aer Lingus to book these tickets as flights with stopovers cannot be booked on line.

Archived