Transportation To Port Canaveral

angela111509

Yes, rent a car. We are using AVis in October. We got a midsize car for about 60 bucks or less. They have drop off near the port and will shuttle you back to the ship free of charge. Like cruisinmama said check out the East Coast departures board for lots of info. Especially the I work in Pt Canaveral thread post #5511 has tons of information on it.

Cocoa Beach Shuttle is also an inexpensive option, and they provide car seats at no extra charge. 4 people, one way to the port, or back, is $75.

Since we are technically not allowed to post links, just google "Cocoa Beach Shuttle" to find it.

10% discount if you mention you found them on Cruise Critic.

Yes, rent a car. We are using AVis in October. We got a midsize car for about 60 bucks or less. They have drop off near the port and will shuttle you back to the ship free of charge. Like cruisinmama said check out the East Coast departures board for lots of info. Especially the I work in Pt Canaveral thread post #5511 has tons of information on it.

Here is the link (I needed it too, anyways)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=436720&highlight=work+canaveral

Rent a car only if you have ample time between your flight and set sail time! We cruised out of Port Canaveral last week and rented a car from Orlando. The lines were quite long which was kind of stressful since it was after 1PM and we needed to be on the ship by 3:30. It is about a 45 minute drive (or 35 if you are from Boston like us)! It worked out okay but we decided to purchase transfers on the way back to the airport so we wouldnt have to deal w/pick up, drop off etc. The transfers were $36pp (RCCL) and our 1yr old son was free. Our rental car was $46 one way.

If you do decide to rent a car, we went w/budget. We got a great deal on travelocity. Drop off was a breeze and the shuttle was waiting there when we pulled up. We were less than 5 minutes to the Port.

Hello,

Can anyone provide me with an inexpensive option for transportation that they have used to get from Orlando to Port Canaveral?

Thanks!

How many adults will be going. Depending on how many a car service would be actually inexpensive.

How many adults will be going. Depending on how many a car service would be actually inexpensive.

It is actually for my wedding. We live in Orlando so we will be driving ourselves. We have a handful of out of town guests that will be coming in from differnet places. I asked everyone to get their own transportation but I wanted to give them some advice on less expensive ways to travel.

Archived