Horseback riding in Bermuda

geneology

I am going on my first cruise to Bermuda in August.:cool: The kids expressed an interest in horseback riding and wanted to go on the dawn ride. Has anyone done this? What should we wear? Who do I contact to do this? Thank you for your help.:D

There is a stable in Warwick. I haven't been in several years, but the last time I went, I did thee early morning ride. It included a ride on the beach and breakfast at a beautiful old Bermuda country home.

Hi Geneology!

We did the morning beach ride out of Spicelands and it was one of the highlights of our cruise. In August, the horses should be eager to stray into the edge of the surf. :)

Capris and sneeks should be fine. Spicelands has a bathroom where one can change into shorts after the ride.

The beach ride begins early and before public bus service. Spicelands will be happy to arrange transportation from the ship. Best to make a reservation before the cruise as the morning ride fills up fast.

We took a cab from Spicelands to nearby Horseshoe Bay (I would not advise walking) afterward. After a day at the beach, we used the bus system to return to the ship.

The horses are healthy and happy at Spicelands and the staff is very helpful. Helmets (provided) are optional.

Have a great time! :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Spicelands is AWESOME!!!!! We did it a few years ago!!!!! We called to book in advance....

Capris and sneakers are perfect....that's exactly what I wore!!!!

Enjoy! Definatley a highlight for me!!!:D

My husband and I are booked for the 7AM morning ride on June 12. Is there anyone from the DAWN booked on this who would want to share a cab to the stables in the early morning. We would also be interested in knowing if the ride is entirely at a walking pace. Thanks.

MAT

Thank you all for the info. I just booked the 7AM trail ride for the five of us. They told me I needed to preorder a taxi and it would cost about $20 - 25. Can the taxi seat 6 of us? Anyone know how I go about doing this? Sorry for all the questions - new to all of this. Also like to have all my ducks lined up - if you know what I mean!! LOL :D

Thank you all for the info. I just booked the 7AM trail ride for the five of us. They told me I needed to preorder a taxi and it would cost about $20 - 25. Can the taxi seat 6 of us? Anyone know how I go about doing this? Sorry for all the questions - new to all of this. Also like to have all my ducks lined up - if you know what I mean!! LOL :D

I am looking at the 7 am ride also, did they tell you what time to have the taxi pick you up? :confused:

We are cruising the end of August & also want to do the ride. I don't want the early morning ride. Did they happen to say at what other times they offer it & how long of a cab ride is it?

I tried the e-mail link on their web-site but it wouln't work for me.

We are cruising the end of August & also want to do the ride. I don't want the early morning ride. Did they happen to say at what other times they offer it & how long of a cab ride is it?

I tried the e-mail link on their web-site but it wouln't work for me.

I e-mailed them with no problem and they e-mailed their trail ride info to me. For the group ride called Slinky Skinks it is $80 per person for approx 1 hour. All at walk pace. July - Sept times are 7AM 8:30AM 10:30AM 4PM 6PM. They walk through the dunes at Warrwick, Long Bay, Jobson's Cove,Chaplin Bay, and Stone Hole Bay. From what I understand only the 7AM ride will go near the beach but not in the water. All other times stay on the Dune Trail. There are other rides for more experienced riders. They told me the cab ride is about 30 min and we should leave Kings Warf at 6AM :( for the 7AM :o ride. I have the full flyer if you need more info.

Does anyone know how many people can fit in a cab? How much will it cost? How do I order it?

The cab Spicelands arranged for us was a mini-van that could seat

about six people.

You're going to love your beach ride. Don't forget to take the camera/camcorder along for some great shots at the edge of the water.

Our guide told us the horses actually go a little into the water during hot weather. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from Bermuda and did the early morning ride last Friday. It was strictly a walking tour. There were just the two of us and the guide. It was awesome. We walked along the beaches. The weather was perfect and it was one of the highlights of our trip. Spicelands gave us the name of a cab driver and we called and reserved him for 6am. It did take about 30 minutes to get there from the Dockyard. We took the bus back without any problem.

MAT

Archived