Can kids go 'down' to other age groups in Camp Carnival????

TexasMommy

My DD is 9. We are sailing on Carnival Fantasy in July. She is little for her age and a bit young/immature for her age. When we looked at the age groups it appears 9 year olds are grouped with 10 & 11 year olds. They have another grouping of 6-8. What are the chances they'll let her be in that group. When I looked at sample "capers" that age's offerings definitely looked more her style. On Disney they are very flexible on this but have not sailed Carnival since we had children. Anyone know if Carnival allows this? Good chance she can be with the 6-8 year olds? :confused:

Also a different but similar question. Her little brother is 4 so I realize he'll be in the 2-5 year olds and I expect he'll have a great time. Does anyone know how often that group is combined with the 6-8 year olds? Ever with the 9-11 year olds?

Thanks!!!!

My DD is 9. We are sailing on Carnival Fantasy in July. She is little for her age and a bit young/immature for her age. When we looked at the age groups it appears 9 year olds are grouped with 10 & 11 year olds. They have another grouping of 6-8. What are the chances they'll let her be in that group. When I looked at sample "capers" that age's offerings definitely looked more her style. On Disney they are very flexible on this but have not sailed Carnival since we had children. Anyone know if Carnival allows this? Good chance she can be with the 6-8 year olds? :confused:

Also a different but similar question. Her little brother is 4 so I realize he'll be in the 2-5 year olds and I expect he'll have a great time. Does anyone know how often that group is combined with the 6-8 year olds? Ever with the 9-11 year olds?

Thanks!!!!

It's much easier to move them down than up so I think your daughter will likely be accommodated. While nobody can give you a 100% guarantee, the Camp Carnival counselors will generally work with you on this issue.

As for combining groups, that depends on the time of day and the activities that are scheduled. If the groups happen to be small and the activities are compatible with both groups (or if they're just short on counselors!), they may combine them for a time. Our kids were always in two different age groups but would be together on occasion doing some craft, watch a movie/cartoon, etc. Have a great cruise! :)

Yes, as Terpnut said above, you do have a good chance of getting your daughter moved down. Just ask NICELY, don't demand anything. And it is completly in the hands of the counselor at THAT moment.

They are suppose to keep the kids in the designated age groups. So just prepare yourself if they say no. ;)

Have a great cruise! :D

The only thing that would prevent you from changing groups is the number of kids on board. If they have a high number of kids, they get really strict with the ages and don't like moving kids around. Seeing you're cruising in July which is a very kid friendly time, the chances of them combining the 2 to 5 year olds with the 9 to 11 year olds is nil. I don't think the older kids would be too happy being with the "babies", if you get my meaning.

Thanks. We'll cross our fingers. We'll mentally prep her that she may be with the 9-11 year olds but hope for the younger group. On Disney last cruise they were super flexible so I hope Carnival is similar. We'll also watch for times they may be combined.

Archived