Costa Atlantica November 14th 2009- Chumley's Bear Cruise

JerseyGuys

Hi guys just checking in. I would say the Chumley group is very well behaved in public. I don't think I ever saw more than a hug or quick kiss in public. Certainly there was no deep tongue action or anything more serious going on in public. In private is an entirely different story....just keep in mind that the cabin walls ARE a little thin so, "screamers" be warned. Finally, I know everyone wants to "try out" the balcony if they have one. Just keep in mind that 1) there are cameras on the outside of the ships, 2) the balconies are essentially metal tubes with one side open so sounds can and will carry. 3) the ceilings are painted a bright white and the glass of the balcony itself is reflective so it is entirely possible for someone to see you without looking directly at you. That being said it is your balcony, just remember its not entirely private.

I have been on straight cruises, gay group cruises and entirely gay cruises and the most PDA I ever saw was on the straight cruise between straight people. Anyway, starting to get excited about it already!

Brian

Oh, I think it's more a case of taking pictures and offering encouragement! I like to wait for an engraved invite. ;0)

We won't discuss what I did with a bear on a balcony in the Strait of Gibraltar...

*GASP*

I am not old! I just have *standards*! Appallingly lax in some areas, somewhat rigid in others, and at the cost of onboard internet access, I'd think engraving might be somewhat cheaper net out than sending and receiving an evite!

Back on topic. . . is anyone else still looking for a roomie? I don't smoke or snore, and I promise to be on my best behavior. Hal, Rob - not a *WORD* out of either of you.

E

Thanks guys...I was a little worried about getting flamed...appreciate your resonses....once I hear from Paul, we will decide if we can afford to go. We are doing NCL for 14 days in March so given this is so close to Christmas....we shall see.

Just to clarify, there is some "fun" that goes on right....just behind closed doors...I am not a prude afterall!<evil grin>

Clay,

1st thing to know Chumley Cruises are totally NOT a Bear Run. Its a great group of people hanging out and having a good time. You will have a great time with everyone.

Thanks! We are all booked and have our air, unfortunately The Schubert is sold out and as the desk clerk said, "its a really long wait list so I dont think it would do any good to add you" so we are just going to priceline a room. We don't get in until four or so on Friday, figure we will swingby and check out the folks at the Schubert but otherwise not plan on doing much before the cruise.

Been chatting with some guys on B411, seems like a nice and fun group.

Hey Clay, Saw your post on MMOB. I'm on that site as RH577. Cruise Addiction is also over there as well w/out a pic :(( . I won't give up which one he is though.. C'mon Cruise.. Post a pic !! .. Don't be concerned about the background w/mine if you do check it out.. the pic was from an Atlantis cruise. There aren't only gym bunnies that go on Atlantis..LOL..

-Randy-

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I didn't sign up for any excursions this year... last year I did one every day and that was a little overkill for me... hard to party all night and get up at 6-7am the next morning. so this year it's mostly to the beach for me. Probably at the gay hotel in san juan and little megan's beach in st thomas....if its still light on tourists... in nassau probably visit atlantis since I like atlantis... other than that, who knows but yes, getting excited, am ready to go now! LOL

Mike and I decided to not do any excursions either..though I am considering trying to find four others to join us on a day sail to St. Johns..anyone interested? let me know.

Tell us more about the gay hotel in San Juan please. Are you planning on getting a day pass to Atlantis or just wandering around? The pass is awful pricy even if you do it through Comfort Inn the way some folks on CC have suggested...esp given we arent' there very long.

Hi everybody! Is anyone else arriving in Ft. Lauderdale earlier than the 14th? I will be checking in on the 11th and I'm looking for some fun stuff to do during the 3 days before we sail. I've been to Bill's and a few other bars in the area, any ideas on where the most fun will be?

Can't wait to see everyone!

08202007.jpg.d8c29e9a2836035c64dd0ce54a3f0fac.jpg