Booking cruise with HAL credit card - double points?

sooper

Will I get double points only if I book directly with HAL, or can I also get double points from booking with travel agencies? I've received conflicting answers when I've asked HAL and HAL credit card.

Also, when I try to book directly with HAL the cabins I want are shown closed, but why am I able to book the same cabins with agencies?

It was my experience a few weeks ago that if the charges are made by Holland America, you will get double points.

We paid a partial on our upcoming cruise to our Travel Agent. Our travel Agency does not charge our credit card themselves, they pass the charges on to the cruise line, who charges our credit card.

We paid a partial early so that we could get the double points, which would put us over the next level of rewards.

Barclay's is swift about getting your points credited. After we paid the partial on the November Noordam cruise and got the points, I used them as a credit towards my balance on the same cruise.

Archived