NCL Spirit cabin Question

I was one floor below you and on the other side of the ship just last week. This is a mid-ship balcony cabin on the starboard (right) side. That is good because the Atlantic gets a bit rough and you'll be less affected at this part of the ship. The room has third-person occupancy meaning it should have a sofabed in it (which I, personally, found more comfortable than the actual bed, especially when used just as a couch). I think the beds will be separated into 2 twins (as opposed to 1 queen, which is just both beds pushed together) but I think you could push them together if you really wanted to. You'll have a small desk with chair and a little 1 sq ft coffee table for the couch. There is (1) 110-watt electrical outlet near the desk so some sharing may be necessary. You'll have a 13" CRT TV with about 5 "ok" satellite channels, a bunch of NCL-related channels and a couple channels that play recent movies. The bathroom is typical of a cruise ship, I think. Toilet and shower both have sliding glass doors. The shower head is removable. There is plenty of hot water. The closet is good sized and has sliding doors with plenty of shelf space. There is a small lingerie-type drawer below the TV with another 4 drawers. There is 1 end table with a drawer and shelf and a phone on it.

One unfortunate aspect of this cabin location is that most of what you will see approaching Bermuda and entering King's or Heritage wharf will be on the other side of the ship. On a positive note, you'll have the better view of Boston and the Cape Cod coast from your balcony as you're leaving the country. Either way, you'll enjoy the balcony. They are good sized, unlike the tiny ones Royal Caribbean provides.

Anything else?

My other suggestion is to explore your food options. A lot of people just seem to hang out at the buffet all week. The Blue Lagoon cafe on 7-mid past the reception desk is excellent. They cook up burgers/dogs/chicken fingers and those types of things 24/7. Go as often as you like, order as much as you want. By the end of the week, I was hearing from a lot of people that they waited all week to try it out and it ended up being their best meal all week. Everything is hot, fresh and made to order.

It's busy almost all the time and they will only serve you (even "to go") if you have a seat. This basically prevents people from lining up to make to go orders and backing up the kitchen. However, once you sit down, they'll fix it for you to go if you want.

Another good little unadvertised secret is that the Garden Room is open for breakfast for balcony guests only. It's a much nicer dining experience than the buffet.

I found that the lunch and dinner menus at Windows and Garden Room main dining rooms kind of worsened toward the end of the cruise, but you'll always have Blue Lagoon. :) Also, we both like La Trattoria, the Italian restaurant with a $10 surcharge. It was worth it to us, especially at the end of the week.

Archived