New Dream on transatlantic - any details yet?

LynnTTT

We'll be on the 16 day transatlantic cruise leaving Rome Oct 27. Obviously there are no reviews yet, but I wonder if anyone knows what other Carnival ship this might compare with? In terms of menus, entertainment etc. My husband is a little concerned with the days at sea (7 just getting across from Gibralter to bermuda) and I'm hoping there will be movies shown in the theater etc. Can't gamble and play trivial pursuit all day!

We did the Tranatlantic on the Carnival Freedom from Miami to Rome in 2008. We had 5 days at sea. I don't remember them showing movies in the show lounge, they have the big screen on deck. They showed concerts there in the afternoon and a movie in the evening. They also have the choice of some free movies in the cabin each day, as well as some pay per view.

There was some kind of show each night (big production, comedian...). Also Bingo and Karoke were big hits. However, during the day, there wasn't a lot going on. There were some seminars (Italian, technology) that were put on by passangers. The spa and shops did seminars.

We spent our time at sea working on our tans, reading many books and generally relaxing. Be prepared to entertain yourself, at least some of the time.

I've always enjoyed the food on Carnival and felt it compared favorable with Princess, Celebrity and HAL (liked somethings better on Carnival, somethings better on the other lines)

Also, have you checked out the roll call? It is a good chance to "meet" some folks who have similar interests (bridge, canasta, speed walking...)

Have a great cruise!

Be prepared to entertain yourself, at least some of the time.

This sums it up well. Some people look forward to the 5 sea days in a row.

It's a reposition cruise, not a normal cruise. One of the reasons the prices are so cheap.

You could buy a pass for the spa, but lots of other people may be thinking that, too.

There will be a different menu every night, but some items may appear twice, but with different preparation - like lobster and lobster thermador, filet this and filet that.

We'll be on the 16 day transatlantic cruise leaving Rome Oct 27. Obviously there are no reviews yet, but I wonder if anyone knows what other Carnival ship this might compare with? In terms of menus, entertainment etc. My husband is a little concerned with the days at sea (7 just getting across from Gibralter to bermuda) and I'm hoping there will be movies shown in the theater etc. Can't gamble and play trivial pursuit all day!

If you get a spa cabin you can use all of the free spa amenities.:p

:D:D:D

My DH and I will also be on this cruise.

There is a VERY VERY active Roll Call for this cruise already. Take some time and look it over. There are activities already planned by the members of the RC. I have never been on a Transatlantic cruise either, but we are looking forward to the five days of R & R before Bermuda.

It should be a blast.

Are you spending any pre-cruise time in Rome? This is also addressed in the Roll Call.

See you on board!

Archived