Summit Cabil 7169-Vista Deck

CruisinDoug

OK, I'm going to be a little whiny here, but we booked our Summit Alaska cruise for August 2005 through a TA who obviously had a block of cabins earmarked for the group. We were the second couple to book, behind our hosts, and ended up with cabin 7169 (Cat. 2B).

After reading so many posts on this board about veranda sizes (apparently size does matter..lol) I am wondering why some who booked after us received cabins 7173, 7175, etc.. These appear to have larger verandas, but with the curve in the ship the deck layout makes 7169 look interesting. I have already approached the TA about this and she said we will be on her list to change if others cancel at time of final payment.

Don't get me wrong, we are excited to be going, but just wondered about the variation in veranda sizes.

The Summit and her sister ships are very interesting in the balcony department. There are all different sizes as the deck plans show. The biggest balconies are on deck six, 2C's, in the front area around 6022 down to about 6034 area on both sides. I don't know exactly because I like big balconies and these are 3X as big as CC's, but it is right over the theatre and that is definitely a place I do not want to be!!!

Bigger balconies mean more to me than inside room, that is why I booked 7178 on our Summit Cruise on April 1st. The cabins 7173,7175,7177,7176,7178,7180, have the biggest balconies in 2B category. You can fit one chaise lounge on the balconies(ask your steward if one not there when you board). If you wanted to go with a CC cabin, then if available, rooms 6143,6144,6135,6136, are the way to go.

I agree with you, in that you are going to have a great trip no matter what. I loved that itinerary on ours!! But if you can change to one of the 7000's listed above I would go for it!! Have a great trip.

Archived