Cozumel Equalizers?

cruise&dive

Even though they are in Cozumel, you are asking your question on the wrong forum section. You might have a better response in the Scuba and Snorkel section of the board.

Travelnote.cc also has Coz dive shop reviews.

You should also try both the Cozumel section of scubaboard.com and the scubadiving.com D2D message board.

The regulars on both these message board do appreciate it when people use the search function before posting questions.

Hope this helps,

Bruce

I did my first dive ever with them. Keep in mind that at the time, I had never even seen scuba equipment so I had no idea what to expect, I had no reservations with the company and had no plan. I asked someone at the pier where I could find a scuba shop. They told me to take a right on the main street and go about a half mile and I would see a small shop. I found the shop and it really is small and right next to the water. It really was nothing more than a room for equipment and a desk. Anyhow, I just walked up there and said 'we would like to learn how to dive'. We agreed on a price and the owner, Darwin called an independant padi instructor to see if he was available, he was. Next we had to deal with payment, I had no cash on me, only a few credit cards. Like a naive tourist, I had him my credit card and he takes off to the bank. I do need to point out that my CC was charged exactly the amount that we had discussed!! About the time he got back, the instructor, Robert shows up with his training material. We go over the basics then jump into the water to do the basic exercizes. After about a tank worth of air, he decides we are ready to go out. The owner and his helper loaded everything in the boat and off we went. I don't remember much about the boat itself, except for the fact that it was fairly large. Me, my wife, Robert and the owner and helper were the only ones on the boat. I don't remember anything about the quality of the equiptment other than to say we didn't have any problems at all with it. We dove at 2 beautiful reefs. My wife had a little ear problems and a little fear and Robert was extremely patient with her. Actually for half the 1st dive, he was holding her by her weight belt. He pointed out alot of the critters etc under the water. Overall, it was a great trip and we both ended up in scuba classes when we got home. I can't tell you how thier organization / professionalism rates with other shops. I can tell you that they were very laid back, put this dive together for us on the spot with no reservation. The instructor was wonderful and thankfully the owner is honest.

Archived