Stingray City-Hannibal Or Buccaneer?

post_new.gif Today, 09:02 AM

sassycarolinacruiser user_online.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_2548887", true);

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gifStingray City-Buccaneer Or Hannibal?

I'm sailing on the Majesty on 01/08/05. I can't decide on Captain Bryan's Hannibal or Buccaneer's Stingray City while in Grand Cayman. Does anyone know the passenger limit on either boat..... any input will be greatly appreciated.

We were on Buccaneer last week. There were probably 40 others on board. We felt a bit crowded. We were told that capacity was 50. One obnoxious guy almost ruined our trip. He was lunging at the rays and then very obnoxious at other stops and onboard.

The rays were lovely and the 3rd stop - aquarium - was beautiful!!!!!!

Don't know what your timing is like, but we were on the Sun which left at 3pm. We sailed most of the way back from stingray city which was very relaxing, BUT we barely made it back to the last tender. Our bus driver took us straight to the dock. If we had gone back to the meeting place, we would have had to sprint to catch the tender!

We loved Captain Marvins. There were only 12 of us on board. They will not overbook and will add additional boats as needed. We were the first to stingray city and left as the hoards from the cruise ships we're heading our way. We made two other stops as well. I cannot say enough about how nice and knowledgable the crew were.

Captin Marvins is the best in my opinion. Pleanty of fun, very few people, get to see stingray city and a rainbow reef area, they film you in the water and then offer to sale you the tape, captin marvin himself (a very old gentlmen) was on our trip and did a great job. The price is also very nice.

Archived