Cheapest hotel in Miami with free parking during cruise?

rmartin1286

I'm going on my 7th cruise 11/01/2009 with my husband (his 2nd) and we are trying to get a hotel in Miami the night before we leave so we can save money by not parking at the port and just parking at the hotel we stay at. I have a few questions about this:

1) What is the cheapest hotel anyone has found that offers free parking and free shuttle service to and from the port?

2) Of those hotels, which one is the closest to the port? We have found with some of the hotels we've been able to find (and I haven't been able to find many) that they're far away from the port and don't offer a return shuttle service to the hotel after your cruise is over.

We're trying to save money this year due to the economy, and I'm not familiar with the Miami area at all. Thanks!

Hi RMartin and welcome to Cruise Critic!:)

There is lots of information on the 'Florida Departures' board. You can read/search to find answers to your question.

I've not stayed in Miami only FLL but LaQuinta does offer clean and affordable rooms with shuttle service to the port. A light breakfast is included and I know the FLL Airport LQ also provided free parking during the cruise. If you consider LQ, make sure you search/ask for a current discount code. It can save you up to 25%!

Here's the link to the Florida Board.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Good Luck!:)

Any hotel you find with parking will be near the airport. Be careful not to pick any that are in seedy areas. You don't want your car parked somewhere questionable.

Search past posts here for recs. La Quinta East is VERY popular and moderately priced. More expensive but nice is Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon.

Head to parksleepfly.com for good pricing, often less than the hotel itself and then read recent reviews on tripadvisor.com

• 2 weeks later...

If you stay at one of the Extended Stay Hotels(Or even if you don't stay there), you can safely leave your car. They don't ask for car info when you check in & they don't give you a parking permit or anything so they don't know which cars belong or don't. There are about 6 around Miami airport and I have stayed many times through Priceline for under $30. night during slow seasons, may be more during peak seasons. Bid on 2 star resorts...

If you stay at one of the Extended Stay Hotels(Or even if you don't stay there), you can safely leave your car. They don't ask for car info when you check in & they don't give you a parking permit or anything so they don't know which cars belong or don't. There are about 6 around Miami airport and I have stayed many times through Priceline for under $30. night during slow seasons, may be more during peak seasons. Bid on 2 star resorts...

Are you suggesting they just park there not as a guest? :rolleyes: I certainly wouldn't attempt that for a week stay. The OP should be well aware of neighborhoods if they are using PL and booking on one or two star properties. Things can get kind of creepy in some.

Archived