Romance Packages???

MBurke17

I am considering getting a romance package to surprise my wife for our anniversary when we cruise to Bermuda on June 5th...has anyone taken advantage of these packages, or any of the other Bon Voyage packages? Are they they a good value? Any experiences with these packages?

My husband and I got the romance package last year for our cruise and loved it. It's a good deal. We didn't even use do the champagne and cake party or use the free picture, but it was still a good value just for the dinner, wine, champagne and strawberries, canapes, etc.

I am considering getting a romance package to surprise my wife for our anniversary when we cruise to Bermuda on June 5th...has anyone taken advantage of these packages, or any of the other Bon Voyage packages? Are they they a good value? Any experiences with these packages?

Just saw a review from someone who said it was more or less a farce...They serve Breakfast in bed...a continental style...said they'd rather have called room service for a decent breakfast and otherwise the things provided were not worth the money. do a "search" on this forum and should find the post. As it didn't pertain to me...didn't remember it well

If you enjoy wine and would likely eat at Le Bistro anyway, the basic Romance Package is a very good deal.

I get the $90. special, you get a bottle of bubbly and strawberries on departure, dinner with wine at le Bistro, canapes served one night in your room, you can attend the champaigne and cake party (many skip it but I always go..I like champaigne) You also get one picture, I take whichever picture taken on the cruise that I like best and so far no one has said I MUST take the picture from the party.

Next year DH and I are taking a 14 day cruise and I was thinking of having him order a second romance package, has anyone done that? I cant see how they would refuse.

When I got it for my wife, we took the wine with us to LeBistro and they gave us the value of the wine (I think it was $19) towards buying a better bottle of wine. I don't know if that's the rule or the waitress was just being nice . . . .

I'm a little confused about this package. On the european version of their website (which is the only version I knew of until a few days ago... using Firefox), it's implied that the romance package is free on your honeymoon (if you show them the marriage certificate). But, on the american version of the website, I don't see anything like this... Does it mean that europeans on their honeymoon don't pay for the package?

A little question just to make sure to budget the appropriate amount :)

Not sure about European vs US price/honeymoon certificate, etc.

But on the Spirit, they wouldn't allow us to upgrade our wine. The maitre' d of Le Bistro actually came over to our table when we asked and she said it used to be allowed, but isn't anymore. So it is house wine for the Le Bistro dinner. But still, It's not Boone's Farm, so it isn't too bad. :D

I would say it is worth it for the $79.

The photo is your choice. You will have to ask the photo attendant to look at the anniversary party ones since they won't be up in the windows, but we got a different one anyway. The party was kind of dull, but the cake was good.

The canapes were fair; but strawberries and champagne were nice. It arrived about 4 pm on sailaway day. I was expecting it to be in the room when we got in our room, and panicked a little when it wasn't. I was worried that it hadn't been placed on the order even though it had already gone through on my credit card. I went to the guest services desk and she checked some list and reassured me "no worries, it is on its way." I was happy!

We'll book it again.

My chocolate covered strawberries were in my room when I arrived at about 2pm on the Pearl. Also LeBistro gave us a cake to go when we left. They offered it for dessert but we weren't about to pass up the other desserts.

#504 Anniversary Package is a good deal. It is worth the price.
I'll second this motion!

For $80 we got a bottle of champagne in our room along with chocolate covered strawberry, dinner for two a Le Bistro that includes a bottle of wine and a cake, the private honeymoon/anniversary champagne party, and a photo.

Does anyone know if you get a confirmation when you order any of the Bon Voyage gifts?

I usually print out the order form and order by fax. I have never received a confirmation by email, but I have started calling about 1 month before the cruise to confirm. They have always had the order on my account.

I get the $90. special, you get a bottle of bubbly and strawberries on departure, dinner with wine at le Bistro, canapes served one night in your room, you can attend the champaigne and cake party (many skip it but I always go..I like champaigne) You also get one picture, I take whichever picture taken on the cruise that I like best and so far no one has said I MUST take the picture from the party.

Next year DH and I are taking a 14 day cruise and I was thinking of having him order a second romance package, has anyone done that? I cant see how they would refuse.

It's $79 not $90.

Last cruise was 14 days and I ordered one and husband ordered one too. Unfortunately they didn't deliver them separately - we had 2 bottles of bubbly and double choc dipped strawberries in cabin when we arrived. We ate all strawberries and drank one bottle, and put the other away. There was a little note saying the canapes would be served another day and it happened to be mid-way thru the cruise. As it happened it fell on the day we visited Rhodes and we invited another person to join us for canapes, champagne (the 2nd bottle) and we watched the sunset at departure time!!

As for Le Bistro we picked the 2 days we wanted to dine there. The first time we had cake but the second time we declined. The wine they chose as the ship's house wine was good to our palette and we didn't bother to upgrade.

We'd buy 2 packages again, especially if we are on Caribbean cruises as it's hard to make dinner reservations without the letters.

Does anyone know if you get a confirmation when you order any of the Bon Voyage gifts?

I usually print out the order form and order by fax. I have never received a confirmation by email, but I have started calling about 1 month before the cruise to confirm. They have always had the order on my account.

Printed out and faxed the order with c/c details each time (done 4 times). I see the charge on c/c statement. I took the faxes and copy of c/c statement on cruise just in case, but so far we received what we ordered and paid for. No comfirmation from NCL.

Thanks for the info :)

It's a great deal and even cheaper then I remembered. I don't think I saw a bottle of wine on the menu for less then $22. Two dinners for 2 at le Bistro would be $60. Canapes and strawberries, wish I could get them on different nights.

Whatever, I like the idea of doubling up, next trip I'm going for it.

Thanks for the info :)

It's a great deal and even cheaper then I remembered. I don't think I saw a bottle of wine on the menu for less then $22. Two dinners for 2 at le Bistro would be $60. Canapes and strawberries, wish I could get them on different nights.

Whatever, I like the idea of doubling up, next trip I'm going for it.

Glad to be a help. ENJOY !!! Btw, we liked the taste of the bubbly even thought it's not really champagne.

There were six items on the plate, two of each: deviled eggs, some bread/cracker things with some caviar on it and I can't recall the other things. I wish I could have gotten the strawberries a second time instead! Those were delish! :)

But don't let the canapes be your determining point on the package. It is the wine, Le Bistro, bubbly, and photo where you are really getting the most bang for your buck!

Thanks for the great info everyone. I just bought this package to surprise my boyfriend with on our 6/20 cruise to Alaska. I thought it looked like a great deal from what I was figuring:

Le Bistro for two: $30

Wine w/dinner: $20

Sparkling wine: $18

Strawberries: $8

Photo: $10

Canapes: $10

Cake Party w/champagne: $10

So based on my best guesses, if these things were all purchased separately they'd be over $100.00 - and there wouldn't be that element of surprise. :)

I hope he likes the surprise. I think men like to be wined and dined sometimes too. He deserves it.

Happy cruising everyone. Enjoy the bubbly.

• 3 months later...

Archived