Carnival added a PRE-REGISTER option for camp

crusinmama06

I just tried to Pre-Register the kids for Camp Carnival, yes I said PRE-register. They just added in the option on their web site. Right now it says the mainframe is undergoing maintenence, so I don't know if it went through.

If you have bookings on Carnival, go ahead and try it.

Go to www.carnival.com

--click on "View Cruise Details" (you have to have the res number of your booking)

--go to "Plan Activities"

--click on Youth Program (bottom right) - Click here to register now

Let me know if this works for anyone else.

YOUTH PROGRAMS

At Carnival, we know that every family is unique. That's why we offer fantastic, fun-filled Youth Programs for your kids and teens. We also know that planning a vacation with kids can get complicated. So now we offer the convenience of pre-registration - for any of these programs - right here in the My Reservation section. Pre-registering in no way obligates your kids and teens to participate in any of the Youth Programs. It just gives you a head start once you're on board.

If you have not registered your child/children yet, remember, you must be at least 72 hours from your departure date to pre-register. Got too busy and didn't register in time? No worries. You can always register on board with your ship's Youth Programming Staff. Choose the program(s) below that is right for your family.

Thanks for sharing... I went out there and walked through the process, but after agreeing to T&C's it just took me back to the beginning. I noticed it says "In order to complete the Youth Program enrollment process; you must print, complete and turn in a form -- for each child -- to the Youth Program Staff on board your ship.". I don't really care to print these out in advance and keep track of them, so I'll just do it on board.

Jamie, you got further than me. I completed everything and got the "sorry, scheduled maintenance" error. :(

I'll have to wait to see if I can get in it again later or tomorrow. I don't mind printing off the paper if it saves me some time once I get onboard.

Yup. I went through the 15 second 'registration' process too. All it has you do is say whether your kids have any food allergies, then you check boxes to agree to the conditions. Then you print and sign 2 PDFs per child (one for food allergies and one for basic registration & emergency care permission). Seems quick and painless. I'll print and add to my cruise documents as well. I already have to have extra paperwork on me since I'm traveling without DH, so what's a few more?

Thanks for finding that! I was hoping that they would add that feature!!! I was able to complete the registration this morning....it was quick and easy. The paperwork won't be a big deal for us since was have to bring other things as well....just a couple of more pieces to add into all of the chaos!!:)

Awesome! Thanks for the info! I'm going to try it now, but don't think I'll be able to do it until we make our final payment on our cruise.

Alright, I got as far as I could before receiving a message that told me I had to register for my Fun Pass before I could register with Camp Carnival. So tonight or tomorrow, I'll fill out all our info and then try again. :)

I just tried to Pre-Register the kids for Camp Carnival, yes I said PRE-register. They just added in the option on their web site. Right now it says the mainframe is undergoing maintenence, so I don't know if it went through.

If you have bookings on Carnival, go ahead and try it.

Go to www.carnival.com

--click on "View Cruise Details" (you have to have the res number of your booking)

Let me know if this works for anyone else.

YOUTH PROGRAMS

At Carnival, we know that every family is unique. That's why we offer fantastic, fun-filled Youth Programs for your kids and teens. We also know that planning a vacation with kids can get complicated. So now we offer the convenience of pre-registration - for any of these programs - right here in the My Reservation section. Pre-registering in no way obligates your kids and teens to participate in any of the Youth Programs. It just gives you a head start once you're on board.

If you have not registered your child/children yet, remember, you must be at least 72 hours from your departure date to pre-register. Got too busy and didn't register in time? No worries. You can always register on board with your ship's Youth Programming Staff. Choose the program(s) below that is right for your family.

I just registered, thanks so much for the information...........

Good they are finally smart and doing this ahead of time. It's always chaos at the orientation with everyone onboard signing them up at the same time.

Just wanted to mention - On the Glory a few weeks ago, they had orientation in the aft Ebony lounge, and it ran really smoothly. I took my daughter while hubby stayed behind to shower and get ready for dinner. We were greeted by 3-4 counsellors, who handed us the standard forms and the Camp Capers.

My daughter and I sat down on one of the couches in the lounge, and before I had even printed my name on the form, another counselor came over and introduced herself to us. Then she gave my daughter a Carnival Rubic's cube and chatted with us for a little while. She asked if I had any questions, and she addressed the few concerns I had.

It went really smoothly, and took next to no time. As we were leaving, I heard someone call my name, and turned around to see the counsellor chasing after me because I had forgotten our Capers and my pen behind when I left.

We were back at our cabin before hubby was finished dressing for dinner.

So, is this basically like doing the registration form in advance instead of having to fill it out on the ship? I guess I'm wondering in what way this saves me time onboard...this being our first cruise where DS can go to the kids' club, I have no idea what I'm doing. :D

Just tried to do the registration...first it asked me who I was and my relationship to the kid, then the next screen, it just had a box to check for who is allowed to check the kid in/out of the kids' club. So I checked DH (my name was already checked) and then clicked continue, then it gave me an error message saying I had to answer all the questions below. But there weren't any questions below. Am wondering if it has to do with the crazy security settings on my work computer, will try again at home.

So, is this basically like doing the registration form in advance instead of having to fill it out on the ship? I guess I'm wondering in what way this saves me time onboard...this being our first cruise where DS can go to the kids' club, I have no idea what I'm doing. :D

Usually, when you get onboard you have to go to camp and physically fill out the papers certifying who is allowed to pick your child up, if they are allowed to sign themselves out (9-11 year old group) and if they have any medical conditions/allergies.

The form online allowed me to answer all of those questions. The problem was when I went to print it out, it says error. And won't let me back in. :(

Had the same problem on my computer at home--there just weren't any questions showing on the webpage, weird. But I was able to print out the forms, so I just filled them out by hand and hopefully that will speed things up when we go to register him.

Had the same problem on my computer at home--there just weren't any questions showing on the webpage, weird. But I was able to print out the forms, so I just filled them out by hand and hopefully that will speed things up when we go to register him.

I had the opposite. I was able to answer the questions on-line but no forms come up to print off. It does say that her registration is complete on-line now.

I'm not sure if this applies here (I haven't tried to register my kids for our July cruise yet), but one thing I've found with Carnival's website is that you HAVE to be using Internet Explorer, not another web browser like Firefox, in order to do anything online - even make a reservation at the supper club.

Hmmm, I've got IE7 at work and a Mac at home (normally using Firefox) so that could be the problem.

For me, the link for the forms was before I clicked through to fill anything out online. They had links right there that took you to the PDFs of the forms.

Wonder if this may be different for different ships?

I am not finding this info. where is the View Cruise Details at so I go from there?

Sorry I finally found it. I was just not logined it right.

Thank you for the info. I printed it out to take with me. I did also see that you can register with 72 hours online like the op posted. So I will see if that will go though when it is closer to the cruise Sept. 12,2009.

Karla

I had the same problem as someone else here, I got to the part about checking the parent allowed to sign the child in and out and I keep getting an error message saying all questions below must be answered, but there are no questions. I printed out forms without any problems. Frustrating! I am running IE7 BTW.

I had the same problem as someone else here, I got to the part about checking the parent allowed to sign the child in and out and I keep getting an error message saying all questions below must be answered, but there are no questions. I printed out forms without any problems. Frustrating! I am running IE7 BTW.

I STILL haven't been able to do it. Figures. I am the one who finds it and I can't do it, just my luck. ;):D

Archived