14 Day GEM and latitudes points

rrobynec

I booked the

14-Day Greek Isles, Adriatic, Greece & Turkey, Round-trip Venice on the Gem (WOO HOOO!!!!)

It is really a B2B stopping midway back in Venice. However, on the website, it is listed as a 14 day cruise.

Will this count as two cruises, or one towards my latitudes points?:confused:

If you have one booking number for the 14-day cruise, it counts as 1 cruise. If you have separate booking numbers for the two B2B cruises, then it counts as 2. Pretty sucky if you only get credit for one cruise, unless it's treated as one cruise without the need to disembark between cruises, etc.

Take a look at your Confirmation letter from NCL, look here

Ship: Gem

Itinerary: Greek islands

BK2BK

If you have this it's 2 if not it's only 1

We have a 21 day Greek island and Trans Atlantic and it will count as 2

We did our B2B in the Caribbean on the Pearl, I got lucky and had the call from the upsell fairy to an AC, the best perk was breakfast and lunch at Cagney's everyday. We did see our cabin # on the check-in sheet for Cagney's and it had a noted B2B on it, our key card did not.

Take a look at your Confirmation letter from NCL, look here

Ship: Gem

Itinerary: Greek islands

BK2BK

If you have this it's 2 if not it's only 1

We have a 21 day Greek island and Trans Atlantic and it will count as 2

I checked with NCL on this just because the confirmation has bk2bk on it

NCL said there is one booking number so it counts as one cruise.

Big green

Not that it's a big deal....

but if they counted it as two, my next cruise would have been at the silver level...

I guess I will have to do a one or two CTNs! Oh yeah--forgot they aren't counting them any more....:(

I checked with NCL on this just because the confirmation has bk2bk on it

NCL said there is one booking number so it counts as one cruise.

Big green

Just remember Bud, that you can call ten times and not get the same answer everytime.

Bud

Just off the phone with my PCC and she said that we only get credit for the one cruise on our 21 day, but she did say that NCL is making some changes to reward cruisers who do the long cruises. When this will happen ??? but it could be soon. Like Bud said one booking # one cruise credit.

Not that it's a big deal....

but if they counted it as two, my next cruise would have been at the silver level...

I guess I will have to do a one or two CTNs! Oh yeah--forgot they aren't counting them any more....:(

Oh yes, they do count, Robyn! Our CTNs this month definitely counted and bumped us up to the next level. You will just have to do a CTN and make sure you do it with some goblins!!!

I think it's interesting that NCL is selling the 7 day and 14 day cruises that way. I am booked on one half - a 7 day, but saw that you could book them as one cruise. It confused me at first because I thought the Gem was leaving for 2 different cruises on one day. :confused: I would think it will simplify the transition for you that you are booked as one cruise.

ETA: I believe the rumor about them not counting comes from the fact that you no longer get Latitudes benefits on the short cruises, but they still count toward your level.

Oh yes, they do count, Robyn! Our CTNs this month definitely counted and bumped us up to the next level. You will just have to do a CTN and make sure you do it with some goblins!!!

I think it's interesting that NCL is selling the 7 day and 14 day cruises that way. I am booked on one half - a 7 day, but saw that you could book them as one cruise. It confused me at first because I thought the Gem was leaving for 2 different cruises on one day. :confused: I would think it will simplify the transition for you that you are booked as one cruise.

ETA: I believe the rumor about them not counting comes from the fact that you no longer get Latitudes benefits on the short cruises, but they still count toward your level.

My 2 nighter got me to Silver!! You should call them to see if they will split. can't hurt.

( Goblins unite! Everyone keep the Gem/Pearl B2B one nighters in the back of you mind for 2011!)

I do not believe that short 1,2,3 day cruises should count in your latitudes level as the same as a 7 day or longer-- I will be happy when NCL changes this to give more credit to customers who take longer more expensive cruises. I hear this change is in work.

Big green

I do not believe that short 1,2,3 day cruises should count in your latitudes level as the same as a 7 day or longer-- I will be happy when NCL changes this to give more credit to customers who take longer more expensive cruises. I hear this change is in work.

Big green

It isn't that cheap when all is said and done. Out of NY, the inside cabins for one night are more than an inside cabin 4 nighter on the Sky. Plus the money people spend gambling and drinking , getting booze and cigarettes (because that is what alot of people do on these short jaunts) adds up.

We aren't nobodies....:(

Big green

Hear hear, Big green!!! This is my one pet peeve with NCL. Of my 21 NCL cruises not one is under 7 days and 8 of them are more than 7, ranging from 9 to 14. I have heard people, during Captains Cocktail Parties, brag about the fact that they earned their Platinum Latitudes status with less than 20 days on board an NCL ship. I for one will be very happy if/when they modify the Latitudes levels to reward the real repeaters.

PE

Well, first CTN I met LOWTYD--and met ZONE locally for dinner--and you're next 6/21. Just gotta round up SeaHound, Awinkler, Peg....

I say, we plan on a 2010 CTN for the whole gaggle!!! Or is there one sooner:confused:

Yes--it confused me so much, that I actually booked the opposite of what I intended--I wanted to do the Greek Isles after Athens/Epheus leg. Doesn't matter--it will be the trip of a lifetime. Then again that's what I said about the western med...

IDK--What can I get to trump this one:confused: Galapagos?

Until you're platinum, I think the benefits are mostly in our minds--;) (well priority tendering sounds pretty sweet...)

My 2 nighter got me to Silver!! You should call them to see if they will split. can't hurt.
Never hurts to ask, esp if you are nice about it....I snagged a sweet BA from an II just by asking!!!

( Goblins unite! Everyone keep the Gem/Pearl B2B one nighters in the back of you mind for 2011!)
Well, I'm not an official goblin--more like a dwarf--LOL. And what happened to 2010? January on the GEM looks good to me again!!!!

BTW--HAPPY BIRTHDAY 'MUDER'!!!!!!:D did you get my ecard?

Well, I'm not an official goblin--more like a dwarf--LOL. And what happened to 2010? January on the GEM looks good to me again!!!!

2010 is good too! I thought the B2B (there are actually two. One in Jan and one in Feb) woudl be fun.

I hearby crown thee Sir Loin of Beef, Geezle Gobin level 10.

Ok, your in..

( sorry if I overstepped my boundries SH, I think this is usually your job)

It isn't that cheap when all is said and done. Out of NY, the inside cabins for one night are more than an inside cabin 4 nighter on the Sky. Plus the money people spend gambling and drinking , getting booze and cigarettes (because that is what alot of people do on these short jaunts) adds up.

We aren't nobodies....:(

No you are not nobodies but NCL will change it soon just like

a other lines have- A 19 day $10,000 cruise to South America surely should get more credit than a 2 nighter or 4 nighter.

Big green

No you are nobodies but NCL will change it soon just like

a other lines have- A 19 day $10,000 cruise to South America surely should get more credit than a 2 nighter or 4 nighter.

Big green

Well, it would be intersting to see. Maybe it will count as a 1/2 cruise:o

No you are not nobodies but NCL will change it soon just like

Big green

I can see your argument and I am sure it will happen. My argument is that a loyalty program should reward how many times I choose to cruise with NCL. 100% of my cruises have been with NCL, regardless of length. I don't shop around and spread my cruises around multiple lines. So each time I contemplate a cruise that I choose NCL should count toward my loyalty level. But they can do what they want now that we're platinum, I doubt they will take it away. ;)

BTW--HAPPY BIRTHDAY 'MUDER'!!!!!!:D did you get my ecard?

I didn't realize you have already met Zone too. That is cool - you are really the social butterfly! Here here for a 2010 CTN!!!! But Lowtyd is right the b2b will be cool. But I can't wait that long.

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes. :D If nothing else a birthday shows you how many friends you have. :o

Oh, and you most certainly are an official goblin! (It doesn't take much. lol)

I just read the fine print (you forget I'm aging fast here). I'll check email right now. Thanks!! - just checked, not yet.

Archived