SANDY BEACH next to Accra/Rockley-?

Smileeface

It seems that Sandy Beach and Sandy Lane Beach information gets mixed up. I can understand the confusion! I am looking for information on

SANDY BEACH, a "south" beach next to (right after) Accra/Rockley, going from the port. This is the beach that I believe is more like a lagoon with very calm waters and very good for little kids. There is a moderately priced hotel there called the Sandy Bay Beach Club.

Can anyone tell me what the taxi fare is per person each way (we are a family of 4); if they rent chairs & umbrellas there to the general public;

are there bathroom facilites, and is casual / inexpensive food available?

My first choice is to go to Accra/Rockley, but I thought that if the waters were rough that day that maybe SANDY BEACH would be a good second choice since we want to swim. Any reviews and tips would be greatly appreciated.

After more searching I found that SANDY BEACH is also called SANDY BAY. It's in Worthing, so this may also be WORTHING BEACH or a stretch of it, and the Carib Beach Bar is there. Hope that helps to answer those questions I asked above--thanks!

Nice beach with sheltered lagoon,yes.. but only drawback is that

on windy days the VERY fine sand blows all over

...like sitting in a sand-blasting machine. :eek:

depends on the day of course and the wind direction

but it can be a real P.I.T.A. up at the Eastern end.

Nice beach with sheltered lagoon,yes.. but only drawback is that

on windy days the VERY fine sand blows all over

...like sitting in a sand-blasting machine. :eek:

depends on the day of course and the wind direction

but it can be a real P.I.T.A. up at the Eastern end.

Thanks Aplmac. I've read so many of your posts and love your pictures. We definitely want to swim, and Accra is my first choice. We arrive there 7/21. If it looks like it's going to be windy and wavy that day at Accra can you recommend a calmer pretty beach on the west side, not too far from the ship would you recommend for us (family of 4--teenagers 13 & 17)? I've read so much that I'm forgetting the details of Brighton Beach, Boatyard, etc...

If it looks like it's going to be windy and wavy that day at Accra can you recommend a calmer pretty beach on the west side,

not too far from the ship would you recommend for us (family of 4--teenagers 13 & 17)?

Carlisle Bay...which is Lobster Alive and Boatyard's beach.

Archived