Freedom of the Seas Questions

RoyalOakGirl

Hi. We are planning on going on Freedom in February with a big group of family members. My husband and I will be bringing our 2 children w/us (3 and almost 2 in Feb.). We have cruised before but never w/children.

1. We are flying into Orlando and leaving out of Port Canaveral. How should we handle transfers? I do not want to bring a car seat and booster seat. We are flying in the day before the cruise. What have you done in regards to transfers? Are there any companies you would suggest?

2. In the Windjammer, where do I find the chocolate milk? I never noticed this on our previous cruises? I thought I better find out so my 3 year old doesn't throw me overboard, since I keep promising him this. ;) Also, if it is not meal time, where can I get them milk? Is there a fridge in the cabin on this ship where I can store milk cartons (I am assuming the milk is in cartons??)

3. I know there is a child menu at the dining room, but what about at lunch? Does the Windjammer have an area w/more child friendly food? It's funny that I never thought about this till now.

4. I would appreciate any other advice from you experienced parents out there. We are getting connecting cabins w/the family so we have somewhere to go during naps, etc. Also, my teenage nieces don't like to go to the shows so they said they will watch the kids.

Thanks in advance!! I may have more questions as the cruise gets closer.

In the Windjammer, where do I find the chocolate milk? I never noticed this on our previous cruises? I thought I better find out so my 3 year old doesn't throw me overboard, since I keep promising him this. Also, if it is not meal time, where can I get them milk? Is there a fridge in the cabin on this ship where I can store milk cartons (I am assuming the milk is in cartons??)

Yes, there is chocolate milk!! You are saved. It ws always readily available with the white milk- in small cartons type containers- very handy. You can take as many as you'd like back to the cabin and store for later in the fridge. Oh, you can also get milk at the Promenade Cafe anytime. This became a nightly ritual- milk and cookies while people watching!

I know there is a child menu at the dining room, but what about at lunch? Does the Windjammer have an area w/more child friendly food? It's funny that I never thought about this till now

I found that the wind jammer has such a varierty that unless the child is a SUPER picky eater- there is almost always something to be found for them!

Have a great time. You will love FOS! We have sailed Freedom and Liberty and they were awesome ships- you will NOT be disappointed. Happy Cruising!

1. Transfers, I use a private town car service but they don't rent car seats anymore. :( You could rent a car with car seat. Call around the different companies and see who has them.

2. Chocolate milk is in the WJ during breakfast time only. Also, you can get cartons in Cafe Promenade, just ask. And dinnertime, the dining room servers can bring chocolate milk.

3. Child friendly food everywhere on that ship. You can go to WJ and get cheeseburgers, mac n cheese, pasta, salads, chicken tendersm fries, soups. OR, you can take them to Sorrento's and get pizza, garlic bread and dessert.

4. Just relax and enjoy. The Freedom class is my personal fave. I don't think there is a more family friendly ship out there, well not until Oasis comes out ;) Check out Adventure Ocean for the 3 year old. Or the Royal Babies and Tots sessions for you and the kids. They have bedtime stories at night. Cafe Promenade has cookies of the day. Take them mini golfing. Just have fun. :D

Thank you so much for your replies, ladies. I really appreciate it. I am a crazy planner and want to be totally prepared. :rolleyes: Luckily, I have plenty of time to plan. My husband and I are going on a cruise in October so I am going to scout out things for the one in February. It's a different ship but still Royal Caribbean (I think it should be helpful).

Thanks again for your help!

Thank you so much for your replies, ladies. I really appreciate it. I am a crazy planner and want to be totally prepared. :rolleyes: Luckily, I have plenty of time to plan. My husband and I are going on a cruise in October so I am going to scout out things for the one in February. It's a different ship but still Royal Caribbean (I think it should be helpful).

Thanks again for your help!

When you go on your Oct cruise, stop outside of Adventure Ocean and pick up a schedule. Then you can bring it home and tell your kids all about what they will be doing in Feb. All activities are pretty much fleetwide. ;)

Archived