Help -- Need Cozumel Private Tour as Christmas gift

RobNC2001

I will be in Cozumel on 1/7/05 and wanted to arrange a private tour for myself and my mom as a gift to her for Christmas. She wants to do some snorkeling, see the ruins at San Gervasio, have lunch at Coconuts, take in a bit of the Island's culture, and perhaps do some shopping. I'm looking for someone to give us a tour and coordinate those activities.

I contacted Adrian who I saw recommended on this board but, after much correspondence, he told me that he doesn't like to take older people (because he wants to give a more dynamic activity based tour) and declined. My mom is 78, and I understand the image most people have of folks that age. In this case, however, that image would not be correct. My mom is anything but typical of her age. She is in extraordinary health, plays golf every day and walks the entire 18 holes. She swims almost every day as well. In her opinion, age is entirely a function of your mind and she just refuses to grow up! Her other goals for this trip are to go parasailing and jet skiing, which we will do elsewhere. I probably wouldn't want her on horseback or to have her do a lot of steep climbing (some would be o.k.), but otherwise, there is little that she cannot do.

I told her all about Adrian and what I thought we would be doing before he backed out and she now has her heart set on this. It would absolutely kill her to know that anyone thought she was too old to do anything. Can anyone recommend someone else who might be able to show us the Island???

I can sense your frustration with Adrians response. I just feel uncomfortable reading your post and others questioning Adrian's reputation. We had used him for the day and what a fun day we had! I would not hestitate to recommend him and we will definately get in touch with him when we return to the island.(which hopefully happens one day soon!) I cant speak for Adrian but he probably had hestitation like you mentioned with taking a chance with an older vactionener. And that is wonderful your mom is in such great health but maybe he hesitated to not put himself in a situation just in case. I hope you will find something fun for your day in Cozumel but like I said, I hope others will not judge him for the way he handled your situation. He is a good guy !

Adventuras Naturales offers an around the island tour which includes stops a San Gervasio Ruins and Palmar for snorkeling and lunch. They normally stop at El Mirador on the other side of the island for the photos but they may allow a quick stop at Coconuts since it's on the way. You mentioned you may not want your mom to do steep climbing and even as a younger person I would have to say the climb up to the Coconuts restaurant wasn't an easy one. Steps are carved into the rocks and it was very steep, but a great view once you get to the top!! You could always ask to stop there and try it and if you find it's too steep for your mom, just go on with the tour.

I can sense your frustration with Adrians response. I just feel uncomfortable reading your post and others questioning Adrian's reputation. We had used him for the day and what a fun day we had! I would not hestitate to recommend him and we will definately get in touch with him when we return to the island.(which hopefully happens one day soon!) I cant speak for Adrian but he probably had hestitation like you mentioned with taking a chance with an older vactionener. And that is wonderful your mom is in such great health but maybe he hesitated to not put himself in a situation just in case. I hope you will find something fun for your day in Cozumel but like I said, I hope others will not judge him for the way he handled your situation. He is a good guy !

My post was in no way meant to question Adrian's reputation. I just didn't want people suggesting him when I had already been through this with him. I am disappointed he declined because of my mother's age, but it is certainly his right to do so.

I would highly recommend Nelda too. She is a former school teacher that lives here now. She is one of the nicest people I have ever met. She will customize anything you want whether it be shopping, sightseeing, snorkeling or just point out some of the more interesting facts about the island. She is super reliable and dependable. You can count on her!

http://www.cozumeltours.com/

I had a mail today of a friend letting me know about the post you have done and I went through reading it carefully and just wanted to tell you and to make sure that I never intend to ofend you or your mother. I explained you on the mails we had back and forth about the activities I do in the island during our day and tried to explain how difficult it could be for me and for my tour to take an elderly person around the island on a 1974 VW Thing car designed for war. I wanted to be Honest to you and tell you it could be not very pleasant ride for your mom. Well, I think trying to be honest and sincere could bring some trouble at some point.

I apologize (sp?) if I had offend you guys and wanted to make this apology public so nobody judges me in advance.

Sincerely

Adrian

Hola RobNC...

I saw Nelda last night and gave her heads up to be on the lookout for an email. Actually her business partner is here on the island until this weekend too. You will love the service they give you. As my momma taught me, they are good people!

Adrian: No offense taken and absolutely no need to apologize. Please see my earlier post. I'm sure you do an excellent job and I respect your right to refuse to take anyone you don't want to take. As I said above, I just didn't want anyone to waste their time or mine by recommending you when we had already been through this.

I had a mail today of a friend letting me know about the post you have done and I went through reading it carefully and just wanted to tell you and to make sure that I never intend to ofend you or your mother. I explained you on the mails we had back and forth about the activities I do in the island during our day and tried to explain how difficult it could be for me and for my tour to take an elderly person around the island on a 1974 VW Thing car designed for war. I wanted to be Honest to you and tell you it could be not very pleasant ride for your mom. Well, I think trying to be honest and sincere could bring some trouble at some point.

I apologize (sp?) if I had offend you guys and wanted to make this apology public so nobody judges me in advance.

Sincerely

Adrian

Hola RobNC...

I saw Nelda last night and gave her heads up to be on the lookout for an email. Actually her business partner is here on the island until this weekend too. You will love the service they give you. As my momma taught me, they are good people!

Thanks, Solida, for all your help. I sent her an e-mail via the address that was associated with the URL above. Hopefully, I will hear something back today. Getting close to Christmas -- gotta nail this down!

Archived