Just back - Grandeur of the Seas any Questions?

Chadm~

Yes the suites have priority embarking and disembarking. Line moved very fast and we were on board by 11:30 (rooms weren't ready until about 1 pm though). When we disembarked our cabins were the first group called and we were in a taxi with all our luggage by 8:30 am. Very smooth!

Ksucruisers~

I didn't see any guests "dressed-up" for the special evenings other than formal nights. Not to say that someone didn't dress up Western or 50's style it's just that I never saw it. People did dress up for tropical night but that's pretty easy when you're sailing in the Caribbean. Just remember that you probably won't use all the clothes you'll take. I took clothes out of the suitcases and we still had clothes that we never used.

Jcoco~

The gala buffet was only once during the 7 night cruise and it was on the second formal evening. Very impressive! The caribbean deck party also had a buffet but it wasn't nearly like the gala buffet. Hard to think of eating another meal after our late seating but it's wonderful to look at! On the other evenings they have employees walking around the centrum with various snacks on silver trays. I think this is much better than having buffets every night!

Mamatrouble~

No one in our group had an owners suite, however I did view one and it was beautiful. I think the GS cabins are plenty for 2 people especially since it has tons of storage space and a nice sized balcony and great bathroom. If I were sharing a room with more than 2 people the owners suite would make more sense but we usually get seperate rooms for our kids. They open the shops almost immediately after the muster drill and have tons of specials in the liquor store. We were charged the in-cabin usage fee once for our entire purchase but friends paid per bottle the next night...but it still is convenient to use in cabin and not have to "smuggle" it on!

Bemarshall~

Yes the Compass listed a non-denominational service. Just needed to sign up prior to the service, I guess so they had an idea how many people would be there. We traveled with some people who were celebrating Hanukkah and RCI had special services for the lighting ceremony. They enjoyed it and they said attendance was good.

Enjoy!

Marsha

Hi,

Thinking about doing the 1/29 sailing on the Grandeur. We usually cruise Princess (they have free style dining) so I wanted to know what time is early seating and what time is late seating? Thanks so much

Angie m

Kendy, we are scheduled to go to Grand Cayman. Someone contacted royal caribbean and were told we'll have 2 formal nights. I'll believe it when I see it. They once told me there were 2 on a 5 night cruise but that didn't happen. Jump on over to the discussion for our cruise:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/show...11&page=1&pp=25

There were a bunch of us that called and we were told we would be having two formal nights. Personally for this trip I am hoping we only have one! With only two days at sea and the 2nd one being our last day I don't want to have to worry about packing everything back up after the 2nd seating for dinner. I will be much happier just being able to relax and just pack the morning after we do Cozumel. But we will be ok with anything they throw our way.

One more day until we leave for New Orleans!

Misty

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm booked for the 1-7-06 sailing on the Grandeur...can't wait! I have a few questions though:

How was the "rocking" on the boat? I don't really get sea sick, but on my last cruise with Princess, I was reaaally feeling it!

Do they still sell those alcoholic drink cards, or just the soda ones now? If they do sell the alchy cards, how much are they for a week cruise?

Thanks so much!

~Shari

Archived