New berth 46 Ocean Terminal photos

LibraLass41

Sue, there's no problem finding the right gate - the problem was getting to it through the traffic. Perhaps you might think of arriving a little earlier than 2pm so that you are not too stressed if you are in a traffic jam. Even though the cabins might not be available, I think you might be able to get on the ship and have some lunch (but I'm not sure about this, having been with P&O only the once).

Shampoo, condition, shower gel, eye cream, mister, all standard in the cabin, but you may prefer your own.

Even though the cabins might not be available, I think you might be able to get on the ship and have some lunch (but I'm not sure about this, having been with P&O only the once).

Shampoo, condition, shower gel, eye cream, mister, all standard in the cabin, but you may prefer your own.

Yes generally P&O start embarkation quite sharpish so you do get the chance to get on the ship and have a bit of lunch whilst your cabin is being made ready.

Debbie:)

Sue

We aim to arrive around noon, after you check-in and board ,you are directed to the ss restaurant for lunch (why pay for lunch on land en-route when you can have it free onboard - the cruise starts NOW!)

If you aim to arrive at 2pm, and are stuck in traffic, as cottonbudda says you may get a bit stressed .

We found the boarding goes very smoothly - arrive 12-12.30, onboard by 1pm eat a relaxed lunch, cabins ready, unpack before muster at 4.15pm, and if I have time before muster, I book some tables in the alternative restaurant or hairdresses etc. SO by sailaway all ready to start the holiday, all unpacked and ready to go!:p

No shampoo /conditioner except the temple spa shower gel attached to wall...

A gal needs to look her 100% best for the evenings, so take you favourite shampoo and conditioner, as sometimes other conditioners can react with your hair making it dry/greasy especially when in hot countries.

Libralass, many thanks for both the review of the new terminal and Oriana. We are on board for the first time in August and really looking forward to it. Sailed on Aurora last year and have been told that if we liked her (which we did), then we will also like Oriana. Loved looking through the photos. We return to the new terminal, but sail out of Mayflower. Do you know how it works when getting your car back when you return to a different terminal?

Hello Marion

We did it the other way round.... Departed from the new Ocean Terminal and arrived at Mayflower.

Its all taken care of by the CPS team.... They will drive your car from Mayflower along to the car parks by the Ocean Terminal ready for collection by you at the end of the cruise.

When you sign over your car, you will be given a copy of the sign-over form - the pink copy. Keep this pink copy with your passports and important documents in your handbag. After disembarking you go to a cps key kiosk - as shown in the photo album on Ocean album and they give you back your car keys on receipt of your pink form and tell you which row your car is parked.And thats it, you drive away.:)

Thanks for this Libralass for the info. I had images of having to board a bus (or something) with all the luggage to get up to the Mayflower Terminal, now I know that it is a lot easier than that.

On another note, I see that you are going on a 2 night taster on Celebrity Equinox. We are thinking of trying Celebrity as have heard/read many fabourable things about them so will read your review with interest. We are looking to do a Panama Cruise in 2011 either P&O, Princess or Celebrity.

Yes, I'm looking forward to this. A nice reward for my work of taking photos, trying to answer questions on this site and two others and writing reviews. Thank you Royal Caribbean! (PARENT COMPANY for Celebrity)

It should be interesting as this ship Equinox will be the same as Eclipse - the ship sailing from Southampton next year. I will create a album on my return. I'm quite keen on Eclipse as well for next year, so it will be a decider for me , haven't booked anything yet for 2010.

Archived