Excursions

Lessa11

If you pre-book an excursion, can you cancel it and get a refund? Can you wait until the day of, or day before, to book something? There's some stuff that sounds fun, but not if it's pouring rain or freezing cold and I don't want to pay all that money just to be miserable.

Most cruise lines require a 24 hours or more notice that you are canceling a tour in order to get a refund. Some cruise lines do not charge your account until the day of the tour so if you meet their requirements for canceling you just won't be charged. Other cruise lines bill you ship board account on embarkation day. Still others charge your credit card when you pre-book your tour.

If your referring a private tour operator you'll need to check their website for cancellation policies.

With Carnival, if you prebook, you pay right away, which was great. The more I had paid for, the easier it would be to see how much was left for extra expenses. And yes, I have cancelled, two in fact, and both times the amounts were credited back to my card within a few days. Worked out just fine.

Not with Dolly Varden. Avoid them like the plague. But the cruiselines should/will give you a refund if you cancel ahead of time. I'm not sure about the day of the tour, unless the tour operator cancels due to weather--then you definitely get a refund, and they will usually help you find an alternative.

Archived