Solstice or Eurodam?

algorithmannie

My family is planning a Caribbean cruise for January 2010 and can't decide between the Celebrity Solstice and HAL Eurodam. My parents are in their 50's but sister, brother-in-law, and I are all in our 20's. We've been on Liberty of the Seas and thought it was only ok. Very crowded, noisy, and the food wasn't super. We'd like to find something a little more luxurious, but we also want something fun!

I've read that Celebrity has excellent service. I really like the idea of the private cabanas on Eurodam, because we hate rushing to find chairs on the deck. Eurodam spa facilities look a bit nicer too... Solstice doesn't have a T-Pool :-( However, will HAL have an equally high level of service? Will HAL feel too old for us younger folks?

Thanks!

I've been on both ships, and to me there's no question. Solstice all the way. We will be on our second Solstice in August. It wasn't terrible, but I wouldn't said Eurodam again (the cabanas are nice, but you have to get one of the corners or those that face the pool. Otherwise it's like sitting in a closet.)

I have not been on the Solstice but other X ships. but we were on the Eurodam last Nov. the ship it's self was nice. we had ages from 5 to 76 and most of us found something to do the sevice on X is better but we thought the shows on hal were better one thing we did not like on hal was things close very early at night but if the price was right we would sail her again but if the price was close to the same we would pick X.

hope this helps a little.

Thanks for your thoughts! I'm leaning toward Solstice. It's hard to know when we've never been on a premium line. From what I've read, Celebrity is at the top with service and food. We'd like a luxury experience, but also the fun and choice associated with a larger ship. I'd like to try Crystal too... but it's out of our price-range right now.

We were on the Solstice for a E. Med cruise which sailed on 5/15/09 and I am trying to convince my husband WE MUST go on the Solstice again as soon as possible. The ship is beautiful and the service was exceptional. I am sure the Eurodam is nice (I have been on 4 HAL cruises) but nothing can compare to Celebrity Solstice.

While I have been on many Celebrity cruises and am sailing on "Century' again in Sep. I sailed on "Eurodam" this past March and it was one of the best cruises I have taken. Fantastic service in general and the best production shows I have seen at sea.

Yes, the ship is quiet in the evening, which I like. However, I think you would be very happy with either ship. One drawback on Solstice to me is the lack of a decent prom. deck to walk on or use to just relax. HAL ships all have wrap around Prom. Decks.

Rick

We were on the Solstice for a Eastern Med cruise which sailed on 5/04/09 starting from civitavecchia. This ship is absolutly amazing. A picture says more than 1000 words so I posted some pics here at the web from our cruise what I wanted to share.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Dieter.Stasiak/CelebritySolstice2009DasSchiff#

regards

dieter

Archived