Explorer - 1st sailing out of drydock 1/14 concerns??

I, along with a dozen or so family/friends, will be sailing on the above cruise. Although I personally have cruised over 30 times, I have never sailed on the first cruise after a ship has come out of drydock. I know sometimes the work is not totally complete and I fully anticipate that there may be some issues. I would like to hear from others that have sailed on the 1st sailing after a drydock what some of those issues may be.

I am looking forward to this cruise very much. I booked this because I liked the itinerary much better than the 9-nighter. However, the itinerary has already been changed once, taking SJU off of it. Tortola is still on it, but I wonder if it will stay on. Somehow, I doubt it. Guess we will just have to wait and see. Either way, I'm sure we will all have a wonderful time.

We're on this cruise and I'll say the biggest problem will be drydock time being extended. Then we'd be stuck with a canceled cruise. If drydock is to clean, paint and upgrade furnishings no problem. But, Voyager class ships are plagued with Pod propulsion troubles and we'll never know the truth about what's being done in drydock. I'm not sure RC can do a major repair in New Jersey/New York, so I'm not expecting a delay. CROSS YOUR FINGERS, TOES, EYES, ETC. .... January is winter time and I hope RC has snow shovels onboard. (LOL)

I, along with a dozen or so family/friends, will be sailing on the above cruise. Although I personally have cruised over 30 times, I have never sailed on the first cruise after a ship has come out of drydock. I know sometimes the work is not totally complete and I fully anticipate that there may be some issues. I would like to hear from others that have sailed on the 1st sailing after a drydock what some of those issues may be.

I am looking forward to this cruise very much. I booked this because I liked the itinerary much better than the 9-nighter. However, the itinerary has already been changed once, taking SJU off of it. Tortola is still on it, but I wonder if it will stay on. Somehow, I doubt it. Guess we will just have to wait and see. Either way, I'm sure we will all have a wonderful time.

Come and join our roll call.

Dick

We're on this cruise and I'll say the biggest problem will be drydock time being extended. Then we'd be stuck with a canceled cruise. If drydock is to clean, paint and upgrade furnishings no problem. But, Voyager class ships are plagued with Pod propulsion troubles and we'll never know the truth about what's being done in drydock. I'm not sure RC can do a major repair in New Jersey/New York, so I'm not expecting a delay. CROSS YOUR FINGERS, TOES, EYES, ETC. .... January is winter time and I hope RC has snow shovels onboard. (LOL)

Come and join our roll call.

Dick

Archived