Private tour from Kusadasi

Does anyone know a good tour guide in Kusadasi Turkey? We are interested in seeing Aphrodisias . We will be there in Oct on HAL's Black Sea Explorer.

We were on a full day tour arranged by someone on our Roll call thru Meander Travel. There were twenty of us on a nice, new A/C bus. We saw the House of the Virgin Mary, Ephesus, Terrace Houses, St johns basilica, museum near there, very good lunch, and short carpet display (no pressure). A very good tour and excellent guide. It ended up $40 per person. I strongly recommend them.

Have a nice cruise ! :)

I email helloephesus twice to make a reservation with them. But they never reply, I don't know why. Anyone have any idea about them?

I find that email between North American IP and Turkey can really be hit and miss... I had no problem with hello ephesus, but had much trouble contacting Levent Solmaz, who was recommended to us, but never replied to emails...

I also had problems with Kusadesi biz....

Mayve try to send your email to Hello from a different email adress? I did from my yahoo email and it worked!!

Good luck,

MC

Kwthum, in regards to : "I email helloephesus twice to make a reservation with them. But they never reply, I don't know why. Anyone have any idea about them? " You might want to check your junk mail file or try using an email site like gmail, yahoo or aol. My comcast site would not work there, but my gmail got through just fine.

Thanks for all the info. I think we should be able to find a reasonable guide with all the advise.

For some reason, there is a lot of Kusadasi(Turkey, in general) posting on the Mideast/Africa boards. If anyone needs Turkey info, you might want to check that boadr, too.

Does anyone know a good tour guide in Kusadasi Turkey? We are interested in seeing Aphrodisias . We will be there in Oct on HAL's Black Sea Explorer.

Hi

We took a cruise in April on Norwegian Jade and for our time in Turkey we were recommended a private guide by the name of Ertunga Ecir (www.ertungaecir.com) and he made the day the highlight of our 12 day trip. If you want to read about out time with this very knowledgeable guide read out port reviews on Cruise Critic http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/portreviews.cfm?EntryID=54834

We used Kagan Kosagan's company in both Istanbul and for Ephesus/Kusadasi. We had a group of 8 and were given a very nice air conditioned mini bus with driver on all of our tours that would have fit 15...so plenty of room. It was nice to have a driver to let us off and pick us up plus a tour guide to go into the sites and explain what we were seeing.

Our tours in Turkey were the highlights of our trip...we especially enjoyed Ephesus. Our guide in Istanbul was Lale Kosagan (wife of Kagan) and in Ephesus it was Yelda. We could not have been more pleased with them and highly recommend their services. They are a small company and book up quickly. You can contact them at TourguidesinTurkey dot com.

Two other groups from our roll call also used Kagan's company and were equally pleased. (We were on the Solstice May 25-June 5)

Kwthum, in regards to : "I email helloephesus twice to make a reservation with them. But they never reply, I don't know why. Anyone have any idea about them? " You might want to check your junk mail file or try using an email site like gmail, yahoo or aol. My comcast site would not work there, but my gmail got through just fine.

I was very unhappy as well dealing with this company

We had 2 groups of 7.

Two different people sent e mails and were given two different prices for the exact same tour!!!!!!!!!

A $75.00 increase from the first price received

Be careful they do not post pricing on their web site. They may be a broker

I was very unhappy as well dealing with this company

We had 2 groups of 7.

Two different people sent e mails and were given two different prices for the exact same tour!!!!!!!!!

A $75.00 increase from the first price received

Be careful they do not post pricing on their web site. They may be a broker

try levant solmaz-i used him and recommended several times and everyone was very happy with him. www dot leventsolmaz dot com

There're many agencies and guides in Kusadasi, but http://www.kusadasitransport.com provides the best guides in all languages and very good car/minibus with A/C by a reasonable price. We were 5 people and had a full day excursion . We paid €40 for the car and €20 for the guide. We prefered to pay the entrance fees by ourselves. This way we feld more flexable to decide which places to visit.

• 2 weeks later...

i did a tour with HELLO EPHESUS about 2 weeks ago, they were great! A full day private tour for me and my boyfriend was only $90 U.S. (for both of us). We had a liscenced english speaking tour guide (freelance) as well as a seperate driver in an air conditioned mercedes minivan .. all to ourselves. We booked online and didn't need to give them a depost, just paid in cash at the end of the tour.

We did the ephesus full day tour which included the virgin mary house, ancient ephesus (we also got to see the terrance houses for an extra $15, which is the admission fee), st johns basilica, and the site of temple of artimis. We had a great lunch that was included too! It was a fantastic tour for the price.

During the tour they also take you to a rug factory and a leather outlet where they'll try to sell you stuff but we didn't buy anything. i'm sure these stores pay the tour company to bring customers which is why the tour was so cheap. It looks like they recently increased their prices for the tours as well.

hope this helps

i did a tour with HELLO EPHESUS about 2 weeks ago, they were great! A full day private tour for me and my boyfriend was only $90 U.S. (for both of us). We had a liscenced english speaking tour guide (freelance) as well as a seperate driver in an air conditioned mercedes minivan .. all to ourselves. We booked online and didn't need to give them a depost, just paid in cash at the end of the tour.

i just checked their website and it says $60 pp for full day tour.

linda

We did the ephesus full day tour which included the virgin mary house, ancient ephesus (we also got to see the terrance houses for an extra $15, which is the admission fee), st johns basilica, and the site of temple of artimis. We had a great lunch that was included too! It was a fantastic tour for the price.

During the tour they also take you to a rug factory and a leather outlet where they'll try to sell you stuff but we didn't buy anything. i'm sure these stores pay the tour company to bring customers which is why the tour was so cheap. It looks like they recently increased their prices for the tours as well.

hope this helps

Glad to hear you were pleased with Hello! We have them booked for Nov. It is nice to hear that others liked the tour. Thank you for posting your experience!

• 4 weeks later...

We used Ekol and had a great 5 hour tour. As we also had Yelda and I know she is an independent contractor, I suspect that many of the better guides are not exclusive to either Ekol, Hello Ephesus or other companies.

Also, I'd like to add that, if you go to Ephesus, please see the Terrace Houses. It seems nearly all of the ship excursions, and more than half of the private ones skip this gem and, IMO, it's really a "must see".

Archived