Nite Light??

snowshh

we've put ours by the mirror - usually an outlet there for hair styling. Ussualy put the room service menue infront of it to cover glare.

Because I travel with a friend with different sleep needs, we leave it on so I don'thave to turn on a light when I get in very late or if she gets up in the night...

funny story from one trip tho -- I had to replace the bulb before the cruise, just grabbed a pack of tree light bulbs from the closet and stuck one in and packed it.... first night on the cruise, plugged it in, only to discover it was a BLINKING bulb!! Many laughs - now I always leave it on for a few mins at home before going to make sure its solid!

I take an extension cord all the time.

Reason: the outlet in the bathroom is only live when the bathroom light is on. So I plug the extension (bring an octopus plug as well) into the outlet on the desk and run it into the bathroom and the nite lite is on the end of the extension.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it really a good idea to have an extension cord in the bathroom that is not plugged into a GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupter) type receptacle?

That's why your hairdryer comes with a GFCI built into the plug; not having GFCI protection for power in the bathroom is a bad idea. Sure, there isn't usually a tub to drop stuff in but there is a sink and shower and potentially a wet floor.

Electricity will kill you just as dead on a cruise ship as at home. All that metal construction of floors, decks and walls works is an even better grounding conductor than your house.

Archived