A Few Extra Days for Final Payment..

Typically Carnival will extend your final payment due date or work with you on partial deposits but that is before final payment is due. Now that your cruise is past the final payment due date and in the pay in full portion they may or may not be so flexible. If they ship isn't filling they will work with her especially if it's only a few days.

You need to make sure she understands if she puts that deposit down then changes her mind before pay day she will lose $$, it's in the penalty phase now. I know Carnival will tell her but I would make sure she understands that well before she does it.

I also agree do not give her the $$, I say give because we know there's a good chance you'd never see it again if they are in a financial mess. I also agree that sometimes you just have to do something fun, even if you can't really afford it, you never know, it might be the last chance everyone has to do something together. That doesn't mean you should do it if you have to let your house or car get repo'd. I'm talking more like $$ is tight but you aren't going under.

If they are already within the penalty phase, Carnival will require the whole thing up front, paid in full to book.

I've booked about 4 times now as a semi-last minute thing within the final payment window. No deposits are taken and the full payment is charged immediately.

I just did this...my payment was due today, June 7th. I called Carnival to try and get an extension for two days. The person on the phone said that I would get an email before they cancelled my cruise, telling me that final payment was due. I hope they know what they're are talking about! I'm holding my breath!! :eek:

I think right now Carnival is working with people for final payment, they look at it, it would be better to give the customer a few extra days to make final payment then to have to refund the money and maybe not fill the cabin at all. I know they worked with me.

Archived