Carnival Paradise - Margaritas, Horses, Slides and Chiclets (and a Halter Top)

Lucky you to get to see your dining room staff again so soon!! :) I wish I lived close to a cruise port, but alas, the only thing "cruising" by Grand Forks, North Dakota, are icebergs going down the Red River when the snow melts. We did indeed absolutely love Vanburn, Suki, and Sasha on this past cruise. They were AMAZING...and V said we were the craziest table he'd ever had, if that tells you anything about our antics that week! ;) (Dancing on the tables [literally], pole dancing, ice/crouton wars, butt-slapping our waiters, yeah, you get the picture...)

Anyway, I've pretty much convinced DH that the Dream for 1/23 is where we need to be. Luckily we can get cheap airfare to Orlando from here, of all places, so that really helps. Once we book for sure, I'll have to message you and see what's going on. Assuming we go, I think we're planning to spend a few days at Disney pre-cruise.

For sure.....we are getting in on the the evening of the 21st and are staying at the Radisson close to the port

Just post on this thread up once you have booked ......we'll subscribe to it so we'll get an email once you have posted....the couple that are coming with us are from up your way in Minnesota ...there's a pretty active Roll Call for this Cruise too although we haven't joined in yet

I also vote with Bobbi for a Splendor review, picking up where you left off at the Hotel Maya. I'm fine with either aliases or with my real name being used, since most references to me will be comments about how "Allen declined partying because he was so involved in his Bible studies".

VF Forever!!! :D

And I DO miss Laura Ingles Wilder, despite the gift she gave me. :rolleyes:

I also vote with Bobbi for a Splendor review' date=' picking up where you left off at the Hotel Maya. I'm fine with either aliases or with my real name being used, since most references to me will be comments about how "Allen declined partying because he was so involved in his Bible studies".

VF Forever!!! :D

And I DO miss Laura Ingles Wilder, despite the gift she gave me. :rolleyes:[/quote']

In order to comment about Bible studies a name other than Allen would have to be used....we will call him Mr. BS;)

VF Forever!!! :D Indeed!!!:D

And we are certain you do miss Laura....could tell by how passionately you spoke of her and the momento she left you with....kinda touching how you so fondly remember your first:D

In order to comment about Bible studies a name other than Allen would have to be used....we will call him Mr. BS;)

VF Forever!!! :D Indeed!!!:D

And we are certain you do miss Laura....could tell by how passionately you spoke of her and the momento she left you with....kinda touching how you so fondly remember your first:D

BS for Bible Studies. Mais oui.

And Miss Laura wasn't my first. I was in my 80s at the time, and came across her (no pun intended! :eek:) after she had literally fallen off the back of a mule-driven rutabaga truck on the prairie. She always tried to convince me that her "gift" was relayed by her via one of the mules. :rolleyes:

BS for Bible Studies. Mais oui.

And Miss Laura wasn't my first. I was in my 80s at the time' date=' and came across her [b'](no pun intended! :eek:)[/b] after she had literally fallen off the back of a mule-driven rutabaga truck on the prairie. She always tried to convince me that her "gift" was relayed by her via one of the mules. :rolleyes:

And BS - Bible Studies - of course - What else could it stand for??

That 'across' statement and then the 'no pun intended' ...now that's funny:D .....

"mule-driven rutabaga truck".......so I'm to believe that you were just wandering across the prairies staring at the asses in front of you when..Oh wait a minute, never mind ......you were probably just on your way to to the 'Little Church on the Prairie' right?:rolleyes:

Okay, now you're gonna HAVE to write a Splendor journal. I think we all insist! (Names can be changed to protect the not-so-innocent.) ;)

Also, on an unrelated note...did you hear today that John Heald is currently scheduled to be the cruise director for the 1/23 Dream cruise?

Okay, now you're gonna HAVE to write a Splendor journal. I think we all insist! (Names can be changed to protect the not-so-innocent.) ;)

Also, on an unrelated note...did you hear today that John Heald is currently scheduled to be the cruise director for the 1/23 Dream cruise?

As far as a Journal for the Splendor.....we're gonna need a few more 'Permission Slips' on that one....we'll see what we can do;)

Heard that today...he was the CD on our Freedom Cruise in '08.......was his 1st Blogger's Cruise..but we really didn't know who he was then.....we thought he was good ...went to his 'Welcome Aboard' and 'Love and Marriage Shows'........thought he was entertaining

"mule-driven rutabaga truck".......so I'm to believe that you were just wandering across the prairies staring at the asses in front of you when..Oh wait a minute, never mind ......you were probably just on your way to to the 'Little Church on the Prairie' right?:rolleyes:

It was actually on the prairie near Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. We were trying to go to Winnipeg, Manitoba, but the mules refused to make any left turns. We later moved to Kansas because that was the closest place to find penicillin. It was around that time that Helen Keller asked me to deflower her. She couldn't speak, but she surely could moan.:eek:

It was actually on the prairie near Saskatoon' date=' Saskatchewan. We were trying to go to Winnipeg, Manitoba, but the mules refused to make any left turns. We later moved to Kansas because that was the closest place to find penicillin. It was around that time that Helen Keller asked me to deflower her. She couldn't speak, but she surely could moan.:eek:[/quote']

LMAO.....did your evening walk take you by your local 'Watering Hole' again tonight???:D:D:D

hey jim.....heres my permission slip..... just wondering if allen will sign a release on the interesting pics I have of him in san fransisco......by the way, I think I have a buyer for my kenny tics, so I wont be going home until september for the styx concert in vancouver.....that way I can take more time off...im gonna grab a room in victoria on sep 10 and do some partying....im hoping I can take you and dee out for dinner that night....let me know..

hey jim.....heres my permission slip..... just wondering if allen will sign a release on the interesting pics I have of him in san fransisco......by the way, I think I have a buyer for my kenny tics, so I wont be going home until september for the styx concert in vancouver.....that way I can take more time off...im gonna grab a room in victoria on sep 10 and do some partying....im hoping I can take you and dee out for dinner that night....let me know..

Hey Roy

So we've got 5 Permission slips so far:eek:

We have 1 of those pics too;):D..just after he completed his 'task'

No need for a hotel....you can stay here.we'll have a Bar-B-Q and get the Victoria 'Team Splendor' Gang together

Hey Roy

So we've got 5 Permission slips so far:eek:

We have 1 of those pics too;):D..just after he completed his 'task'

No need for a hotel....you can stay here.we'll have a Bar-B-Q and get the Victoria 'Team Splendor' Gang together

that sounds awesome...my only concern is that it will be a thursday night....I imagine the gang will be working friday...after spending a week with them, Im not sure I can picture them sober....lol

ok, we have allen completely covered, I have pre task and actual task photos.....

hey jim.....heres my permission slip..... just wondering if allen will sign a release on the interesting pics I have of him in san fransisco......

My permission is granted. Of course, you realize that Tony and I were just examining some graffiti on a wall outside the liquor store. :cool:

ok, we have allen completely covered, I have pre task and actual task photos.....

Is that 'covered' or 'uncovered'?:eek:;):D

Since when is art appreciation considered a "task"? :eek:

Art?...that what you call the little guy?...funny the names people think up for 'things'

Is that 'covered' or 'uncovered'?:eek:;):D

Art?...that what you call the little guy?...funny the names people think up for 'things'

His full name is Art Deco.... but I'm trying to get it changed to Art Nouveau. :rolleyes:

I have never enjoyed a review so much as I did yours!!! I wanna sail with you guys - I thought my group was crazy and fun. Too bad we have already paid for our Mardi Gras cruise next Feb or I would opt to go on the dream with you guys! Maybe you could squeeze in trying the Splendor again for Halloween and see the ports you were originally signed up to??? Conclusion #510 Maybe someday we will sail on the same ship.

Cinder

Lucky you to get to see your dining room staff again so soon!! :) I wish I lived close to a cruise port, but alas, the only thing "cruising" by Grand Forks, North Dakota, are icebergs going down the Red River when the snow melts. We did indeed absolutely love Vanburn, Suki, and Sasha on this past cruise. They were AMAZING...and V said we were the craziest table he'd ever had, if that tells you anything about our antics that week! ;) (Dancing on the tables [literally], pole dancing, ice/crouton wars, butt-slapping our waiters, yeah, you get the picture...)

Anyway, I've pretty much convinced DH that the Dream for 1/23 is where we need to be. Luckily we can get cheap airfare to Orlando from here, of all places, so that really helps. Once we book for sure, I'll have to message you and see what's going on. Assuming we go, I think we're planning to spend a few days at Disney pre-cruise.

For sure.....we are getting in on the the evening of the 21st and are staying at the Radisson close to the port

Just post on this thread up once you have booked ......we'll subscribe to it so we'll get an email once you have posted....the couple that are coming with us are from up your way in Minnesota ...there's a pretty active Roll Call for this Cruise too although we haven't joined in yet

Did you say Minnesota?

Jimbug, book it. It will be a great time!

woohoo! ;)

i'm in need of some good summer reading material

We'll get something up next week;)

I have never enjoyed a review so much as I did yours!!! I wanna sail with you guys - I thought my group was crazy and fun. Too bad we have already paid for our Mardi Gras cruise next Feb or I would opt to go on the dream with you guys! Maybe you could squeeze in trying the Splendor again for Halloween and see the ports you were originally signed up to??? Conclusion #510 Maybe someday we will sail on the same ship.

Cinder

Thanks so much Cinder....we had a great time and met some great people on both Cruises...have made some lifelong friends

One more permission slip.:eek::D

WooHoo:D...thx HB;)

Archived