All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

What is a clamshell?

I'm interested in a Clamshell (I'm cheap) and without friends..

but on HAL's website it reads $14.- per person..is it $14 or $28 for 2

I thought they came with 2 lounges per Clamshell.

Past Cruises:

MS. Atlas 1983 - 7 days - Med. east

Carousel 1998 - 7 days - Carib. south

Carousel 2001 - 14 days - Med. west

Sundream 2004 - 7 days - Carib. west

Rotterdam 2007 - 27 days - Baltic-Med.

Rotterdam 2008 - 17 days - Panama canal

Maasdam 2011 - 25 days - Carib. south

Planning our 50th 2012:

"Amsterdam" Grand Pacific 75 days

*If one gets better with age.. I'm aproaching MAGNIFICIENT !

I am stressing out already about getting to the excursion desk fast! lol

The only 2 things going for me is that I live in NY and that is where we are cruising from and we are VIP:)

I have a cabana number I would like but will take anything I can get if that is not available!

Less then 6 months to go:D

As of Jan. 5th, Carnival is letting you now book cabanas online. You can't select which one you want until you board but at least you can now book one & know that you'll have one. :)

What is a clamshell?
A clamshell is just a small beach canvas shelter that is anchored to the beach and is raised to provide shade on a sunny day or also wind protection. When raised it looks like a clam shell--a blue one :) On Half Moon Cay, they are large enough to shelter two lounge chairs, with enough space to squeeze another in if you would like. Very nice on on a hot sunny day or a breezy day. The price is per each clam shell. Have a wonderful time.

I am stressing out already about getting to the excursion desk fast! lol

The only 2 things going for me is that I live in NY and that is where we are cruising from and we are VIP:)

I have a cabana number I would like but will take anything I can get if that is not available!

Less then 6 months to go:D

You can now book the cabana online

no you can only reserve them on board.. we tried ! LOL

Yes you can .. The Cabana rental includes snorkel equipment that will be in the cabanna..no we did not use it as we dont snorkle..

I can not tell you how good the snorkling is or isnt sorry!

I know this is an older thread, however you can now reserve a Cabana on line after you have paid for your cruise however you have to wait till you are on the ship to choose the cabana that you want..also several of the cruises are not going to hmc , its different each time, something about saving on fuel. We booked our Cabana and it was 199.00

Website is showing $199 per person. Is this correct?

No, it is $199.99 for a group of up to four. Carnival said they had to put something in there & that is how it appears. Only one person in your party needs to book.

Also, you CAN book before your cruise is paid off. We did it!

Website is showing $199 per person. Is this correct?

Not sure what happen to my response but here it goes again...

It is $199.99 for a group of up to 4. Per a Carnival rep, that is just the way it appears & only 1 person in your group needs to book it. You have to select your cabana, beverages & fin size when you board. Cabana selection will be on a first come first serve basis.

You CAN book the cabana before you have your cruise paid in full. We did it!

I just booked a cabana on-line for our Fascination cruise. Are tender tickets used for this port or is it first come-first served? Just wondering if I needed to wake my family up extra early so I can take full advantage of this beautiful beach day.

I just booked a cabana on-line for our Fascination cruise. Are tender tickets used for this port or is it first come-first served? Just wondering if I needed to wake my family up extra early so I can take full advantage of this beautiful beach day.
If you have a cabana, you will have the ability to be on the first tender. Our excursion ticket served as our tender ticket. When we went last year, once we arrived on the island we turned in our tickets and then boarded the tram to take us out to the cabana.

I know this is an older thread, however you can now reserve a Cabana on line after you have paid for your cruise however you have to wait till you are on the ship to choose the cabana that you want..also several of the cruises are not going to hmc , its different each time, something about saving on fuel. We booked our Cabana and it was 199.00

Your cruise does not have to be paid in full for you to book the cabana. My cabana is reserved and final payment is due next month.

The folks with the Oasis (big cabana) and the other cabanas can take the first tender over.

Good to hear. I was telling everyone what a great deal it was and planned to book ahead but got a case of sticker shock. I guess I need to book.

I know you can add others (not sure of the price) but that just adds food / drink right onsite right? There's nothing that says others can't use it, right? We have a group of 8 and just want it to store our stuff and relax. Most likely there will only be a few there at a time.

Good to hear. I was telling everyone what a great deal it was and planned to book ahead but got a case of sticker shock. I guess I need to book.

I know you can add others (not sure of the price) but that just adds food / drink right onsite right? There's nothing that says others can't use it, right? We have a group of 8 and just want it to store our stuff and relax. Most likely there will only be a few there at a time.

You can buy soda/other beverages while you are there. The food is a buffet and it is free. If you want to feel more comfortable, book two cabanas and get them side by side

Is it hot on HMC all the time? I enjoy the sun but I don't want to be scorched either. Our cruise is in late April. Do you think it will still be worthwhile to reserve a cabana or is the sun tolerable at that time?

We've cruise twice late April/early May and both times it's been pretty dang hot.

Is it hot on HMC all the time? I enjoy the sun but I don't want to be scorched either. Our cruise is in late April. Do you think it will still be worthwhile to reserve a cabana or is the sun tolerable at that time?

It should be pretty warm...but there are also some palm trees you may be able to snag for some shade.

We've cruise twice late April/early May and both times it's been pretty dang hot.

Unless you were there the day we were there last May and had the monsoon we had!:eek: It was wet and chilly....

Thanks, MamaParrotHead! Do you think a clam shell will be sufficient or should we splurge for a cabana?

If you want to splurge for the cabana, it's great, but a clamshell (or the trees) will give you some shade, too...I don't think the clamshells shade your whole body though, if that's a concern.

• 5 weeks later...