I have just returned from Liberty of The Seas

Just a few quick bits and bobs.

Ship is HUGE !!!! and amazing.

Food was very very good.

Royal Caribbean is NOT at all stuffy or formal in fact it was a bit of a mad house on there at times.

The average age was around late 30's/early 40's.

You DON'T have to follow any dress code for dinner in fact the Maitre De told us it doesn't matter what you choose to wear within the dining room for formal night as long as you are sensible (i.e. no shorts or vest tops and some shoes would be nice).

All in all a very good holiday however, I was dissapointed with the ports of call.

Labadee = Waste of time.

Jaimaica = Dump

Grand Cayman = Stunning beaches but didn't like the port area.

Cozumel = Very nice. So glad we eventually went to Cozumel after the swine flu hysteria.

I am sure RCI could easliy squeeze another port into it's 7 day iteniary.

Labadee = Waste of time.

Jaimaica = Dump

Cozumel = Very nice. So glad we eventually went to Cozumel after the swine flu hysteria.

We sail on her in July. I'm surprised about your comments on the ports. While I haven't been on THIS ship. We did go to these ports of calls (except Labadee) in the past. I'm kindof looking forward to Labadee b/c I like Cococay. I think its nice to know you have a quiet, safe, place to just lay in the beach and a good lunch will be supplied.

Jamaica worried us at first but we had a great time. We got a driver and went around to local schools and to the pottery factory, and met alot of the people in Jamaica and got more of a feel for the country vs the port. I know it was jsut a dab. And it was poor, and a tab dirty, but I think anywhere in the world you go you are going to find areas that are not as nice at the states or canade or the UK. My kids learned alot from that short trip. They learned to be grateful for what they had-contrary to their popular belief not everyone has it. They also learned it doesn't take all that "stuff" to be happy. They also learned that the entire world is not like the US.

Cozumel we crossed over and went to Tulum and loved it.

Grand Cayman we didn't care for much either. It wasn't impressive, we did a flat bottom boat tour and it was so- so. We'd like to go back and do something else someday as I really think there is more to this place.

Sorry you didn't enjoy the ports. For me that really makes the trip. The ship is just a bonus. We are going to St Marteen, San Juan, and Labadee.

Who is the cruise director and the captain?

Captain ? Don't have a clue. Not being funny but why does this matter to some people ? I don't get it.

Cruise Director ? Allan someone or other. Seemed like a nice bloke.

Captain ? Don't have a clue. Not being funny but why does this matter to some people ? I don't get it.

Cruise Director ? Allan someone or other. Seemed like a nice bloke.

I always wonder why people ask, maybe some sail the ship better :D

Some are just really funny and do mingle with the crowds-

We had one on our first cruise (Nordic Empress) who was such a great one- He actually walked the decks and spoke with everyone and answered any questions.

We had one on the Explorer that called Costa Maya-Costa Maybe "Maybe we go and maybe we don't" During bad weather, they avoid going to Costa Maya. It softened the blow of not going ahead of time.

We sail on her in July. I'm surprised about your comments on the ports. While I haven't been on THIS ship. We did go to these ports of calls (except Labadee) in the past. I'm kindof looking forward to Labadee b/c I like Cococay. I think its nice to know you have a quiet, safe, place to just lay in the beach and a good lunch will be supplied.

Jamaica worried us at first but we had a great time. We got a driver and went around to local schools and to the pottery factory, and met alot of the people in Jamaica and got more of a feel for the country vs the port. I know it was jsut a dab. And it was poor, and a tab dirty, but I think anywhere in the world you go you are going to find areas that are not as nice at the states or canade or the UK. My kids learned alot from that short trip. They learned to be grateful for what they had-contrary to their popular belief not everyone has it. They also learned it doesn't take all that "stuff" to be happy. They also learned that the entire world is not like the US.

Cozumel we crossed over and went to Tulum and loved it.

Grand Cayman we didn't care for much either. It wasn't impressive, we did a flat bottom boat tour and it was so- so. We'd like to go back and do something else someday as I really think there is more to this place.

Sorry you didn't enjoy the ports. For me that really makes the trip. The ship is just a bonus. We are going to St Marteen, San Juan, and Labadee.

I was watching a show the other day "Top 10 beaches in Caribbean" and Tulum was listed as #2. How did you get there from Cozumel.? The beach with the ruins LOOKED AMAZING!!!!!

I don't get it either. I think the Captains aboard these vessels are more ornamental than anything else. The TV show the Love Boat kind of set the tone as to how the Captain needs to be perceived. I'm just happy having him/her handle the daily operations of the ship and get us from point A to point B safely.

Food was very very good.

Royal Caribbean is NOT at all stuffy or formal in fact it was a bit of a mad house on there at times.

You DON'T have to follow any dress code for dinner in fact the Maitre De told us it doesn't matter what you choose to wear within the dining room for formal night as long as you are sensible (i.e. no shorts or vest tops and some shoes would be nice).

All in all a very good holiday however, I was dissapointed with the ports of call.

Labadee = Waste of time.

Jaimaica = Dump

We went on the same ship/itinerary and had a blast and enjoyed all ports. Sorry you didn't like them.

DH & I had a great time on Liberty. Labadee was a nice private island just for RCCL. We enjoyed it. Montego Bay Jamaica was okay. Should have stayed on the ship. Grand Cayman - very nice...had a great time because it was the very first time we snorkled. Cozumel - we wanted to stay there. That's how much we loved it. We went to Nachi-Cocom (private all inclusive). It was great!!!!!!:)

Labadee = Waste of time.

Jaimaica = Dump

We are on the exact same cruise in Aug.

Can you give a little more detail on Labadee and Jamaica? I'd like to hear your expectations of each of those ports, and, details of why you rated these 2 stops so low.

Thanks in advance!

Food was very very good.

Labadee = Waste of time.

Jaimaica = Dump

PLEASE DO NOT take offense for my statement. This is in no way flaming you.

When you post a "review" on these boards, and this goes for anyone not just the op, PLEASE give reasoning as to why you feel the way you do. For instance, you thought of Labadee was a "waste of time," give those that are reading your review a reason you feel this way, enabling us to make a decision as to whether we might want to do something other that what you did on that particular day.

Sorry you did not like the ports as well as you might have wished.

Thanks

Tim

I was watching a show the other day "Top 10 beaches in Caribbean" and Tulum was listed as #2. How did you get there from Cozumel.? The beach with the ruins LOOKED AMAZING!!!!!

We booked through RCCL. We got off the ship and went and was put on one of those big power boats things to the mainland. Then we walked a few blocks to the bus. They drove us to Tulum and back again. They stopped for soveniers and RCCL provided a box lunch- in all sealed packaging. Like the Tuna cracker things you buy at the grocery store. We had a great time.

Archived