Parasailing near Paradise Beach

Sassy_Lassy4u

My group and I were at Paradise Beach Nov 18th (thanks to the rave reviews here at Cruise Critic) and had the time of our lives! Several did parasail right next door. I believe the parasailing cost was $55 for 12-14 minutes or so. Banana boat rides were awesome too! $10 per person (minimum of 3/maximum of 6 per ride)

Tom-THANKS!!!!!!!!!! Hate I missed meeting you, but we had a BLAST!

I was at PB on Friday. The parasailing is right next door and was $55. If someone wants to ride in the boat to take pictures it's an extra $10 but it was worth it. My friend said the boat ride was great. You will love the beach and the staff is great also. You must have one of the pinapple drinks!

Have a blast and tell Tom HI!

Thanks Tina and Zydecocruiser. Do either of you know, if it's walking distance between the two (I'll be with 9 and 11 year old daughters)? Also, were there taxis readily available for the return trip to the ships?

I think pretty much that if you walk to the edge of one and fall over, you land in the other. Assuming you walk in right direction! Easy walking distance between those two.

Taxis should be readily available or they can call one for you.

Usually you don't need a reservation but check in with them when you first arrive at the beach so they know you want to Parasail ~ then you can have fun in the sun while/if you have to wait.

I'm not sure exactly how to describe the banana boat....hmm it's shaped like a banana and several people sit on it behind each other while a boat pulls you around ocassionally having people thrown off on sharp turns....it really is fun!!

Thanks for all the info. I am sure that I and my 2 daughters will love it. I think we'll do both the parasailing and the banana boat. We leave in just 2 more days!! The pineapple drinks sound good, but I'm actually a margarita girl myself. I hear that they have great ones there. Of course, I may have to try both.... :p

• 2 weeks later...

Izzy Bee, we just returned from our trip. We made it to Paradise Beach, but didn't have time to parasail. We had limited time at the beach before we had to go to our swim with the dolphins and my daughters (9 and 11) were just having too much fun with the sand, floats and "iceberg" to try and squeeze in the parasailing. I couldn't even get them to eat lunch.

However, as indicated by other "critics", the parasailing was in fact just steps away. I was told it would be a 20 minute wait to parasail and the cost was a fixed $55 per person. They load and unload from the boat, so the parasailer doesn't get in the water.

I saw about 3 parasailers in the air at any time. It looked like a great time. I've done it previously on other trips and highly recommend the experience.

I hope you try it and have a great time!

Donna

Archived