Rock Climbing Expedition Shore Excursion?

LadeeBug100

I was looking at shore excursions for our trip(Hubby and myself) to Cozumel in January. There is one listed that I have never seen before but am interested in finding out about.

Anyone know the name of the facility or where it is located? We would like to do this on our own.

We did a tree to tree aerial tour in Quebec and it was awesome. We like to climb the rock wall on the RCCL ships and thought we would enjoy this excursion.

Cozumel Rock Climbing Expedition

I am having a hard time copying and pasting from their website, but if you have access to their website (the above is all I could copy and paste), it is listed under Cozumel shore excursions for $89.00 pp.

If you can find out any info I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks! for

Join professional climbing guides for an exciting rock climbing adventure in Cozumel. The tour climbs on a spectacular state of the art climbing tower that offers exceptional climbing for everyone from beginners to accomplished climbers. The tower is the highest outdoor climbing structure in Mexico, and is located in a beautiful ocean-side setting. Individualized attention from professional guides and staff insures everyone a great experience.

From the top of the climb you have panoramic views of aqua blue Caribbean waters and luxurious jungles stretching to the horizon. The tour begins with a 10-minute ride to the climbing area. Upon arrival at the climbing site you will don rock climbing shoes, harnesses and helmets. After a brief orientation from your guides, you will rope up and start climbing, while your friends and family take pictures and cheer you on. There are dozens of routes to choose from, many are very easy and some offer a substantial challenge. Each ends with a stunning aerial view of the beach and its pristine blue waters. Participants will also have the chance to try rappelling! Your professional climbing guides will share their knowledge and skill in all aspects of climbing during the tour. Your safety and enjoyment are always their primary concern. This adventure is perfect for those looking for a first climbing experience, or for experienced climbers looking for a challenge! No climbing experience is required, and everyone will enjoy the beachfront setting and beautiful clear waters of the ocean. Participants should wear comfortable shoes and clothing that allows for flexibility. Minimum age to participate is 8 years of age.

To fully participate may require extended periods of walking over even and uneven surfaces, steep terrain and/or water activity in a slight current. There may be steps, inclines, cobblestone surfaces, and extended periods of standing. Participants with physical limitations should take this into account.

We are on the Grandeur , but the shore excursions are listed for any Royal Caribbean ship in Cozumel.

This is the description:

COZUMEL ROCK CLIMBING EXPEDITION

Join professional climbing guides for an exciting rock climbing adventure in Cozumel. The tour climbs on a spectacular state of the art climbing tower that offers exceptional climbing for everyone from beginners to accomplished climbers. The tower is the highest outdoor climbing structure in Mexico, and is located in a beautiful ocean-side setting. Individualized attention from professional guides and staff insures everyone a great experience.

It goes on to say it is a 10 minute ride to the climbing area and the top of the climb has panoramic views of the Caribbean waters and luxurious jungles stretching to the horizon.

So, if any of you locals can find this place please let me know. Maybe from the description you can pinpoint its location. Thanks so much for your help.

Hi folks! That tour is from the company that I work for, and it's another of our brand new tours that we're implementing here on the island. It's in the RCCL tour brochures because we were slated to open in in December, but we've been pushed back due to construction delays (manaña, manaña, you know how it is)

I'm excited about this one. As a minion in the company (yes, that's probably my actual job title) I've watched them drill, weld and construct these enormous towers, designed to range from beginner (or out of shape) to advanced (and ready to tackle the Andes) and there's even repel areas where you can zip down like a SWAT team. When they open this one for test trials, I can tell you I'll be first in line. The location includes a restaurant, snack bar, with yummy healthy food, and a beach area. Rumors from the higher ups say it'll be open to us "locals" in it's down time, and they're hoping it takes off, locally, like the bowling alley.

I'll keep you all updated as I'm able to ferret out the facts!!

That sounds like a great place! We will be there in January(on the Grandeur), then again in April(on the Century). Hopefully , it will be open in Jan., if not definitely in April.

Any idea how much this will cost, and will be able to do this "on our own"?

Where is it located?

Please keep me informed, hopefully there will be others that are interested in it also.

I have done enough snorkeling, shopping, beach-combing, etc. This is something different that very much appeals to my husband and me.

CRUISE #26... in 4 weeks

Archived