Accessible caribbean shore excursions

dive328

This will be my second cruise, But first to these ports of call.

Very active Paraplegic, Cruising with Holland America in November to Grand Truk, San Juan, St. Maarten, and Half Moon Cay.

We will be booking one of the Cabana's on Half moon Cay.

we have yet to decide on any of the other ports of call, Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for accessible excursions on the other ports of call.

Not necessarily looking to book through the cruise line, if someone has any good ideas that are accessible I will handle booking directly with that venue.

( I am a diver, but have elected not to do any diving on this trip )

Thanks much

Kevin Watson

Dive328@aol.com

My fiance is a quad and very active. Half Moon Cay has only 1 accessible cabana, and its first come first serve. They do not save it for a HP person. We had a big fight with them last year about this problem. Most of the HAL service reps will tell you they are all accessible but they are NOT. Grand Turk has a great rollin pool at the Margaritaville right off the ship. Otherwise unless you can get into a taxi I don't think there is anything else there. Did not find anything on St. Maarten. In Puerto Rico we did do a nice sightseeing trip in an accessible van.It took us all around and stopped at the fort for about an hour. If you go to Shoretrips.com you will find it there. Good luck and let us know if you find anything we haven't.

Someone posted this trip in St. Maarten, wish we knew about it. http://www.accessibleventuresofsxm.bravehost.com/

Archived