Eco Cat Tour and Timing for last tender

CurlyRed964

I am sold on the Eco Cat Tour for Cabo. They have an afternoon snorkle/sail/bbq deal, 12:30 to 4:00. Does that mean we would be back at the marina (or starting point) at 4:00? Would we make it back in time for the last tender? We are in Cabo from 8-5. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

I think that would be cutting it way too close. You usually have to be back on the ship at least 30 minutes before sailing. If there was any delay at all, you would not make it. Since the majority of the guests on the Eco Cat are probably not cruise passengers, they would not be making any special effort to get you back on time. I have found with all the snorkle tours in Cabo, that the times are very general. If the tour before yours gets back late and yours leaves late, you will also be getting back late. The Eco Cat dock is about a 10 minute walk from the tender dock. It leaves from in front of the Baja Cantina which is more in the center of the marina.

Can you book a morning tour?

Pez Gato has an 10-2 snorkle tour. I've read reviews on it and it seems good. Sandra and Johann have a Deluxe Coastal sail from 11-2. Pez Gato offers more snack fare and S & J offer a full lunch. Both serve food of some sort and we should be back in time for a bit of shopping and back to the ship. My girl and I will get some sun and snorkle time. All is good. Just have to make a choice between these two companies.

Thank you, Househunter!

I wonder who the operator is for Johann and Sandras tour? If you find out let me know and I can let you know if I have been on it. Pez Gato is alot of fun! I have been on that snorkle tour about 5-6 times and their sunset cruise twice. The catamaran is not as big and they do have the crawl down thru the hatch bathrooms but we have really enjoyed it. They serve sandwiches, chips and guac and have a good selection of drinks but not a full actual bar like on Eco Cat.

You will have fun!

Hi,

Please post your info when you find out please.

We are also interested in the ECO Cat (July 15th) and had/have the same fear of the getting back to port in time. I sure wish they left an hour earlier and came back an hour earlier. But, I'm not sure if they lean toward the cruise ship business vs people who stay in hotels.

Of course they tell you they will be back in time, but, not much leeway for problems.

Did you actually go online and check the times for the dates you were interested in with EcoCat? The 12:30 tour is only in the winter, the rest of the time the tour actually leaves an hour earlier at 11:30am and returns at 3pm. Go to the calendar page and check the actual date you will be in Cabo.

Did you actually go online and check the times for the dates you were interested in with EcoCat? The 12:30 tour is only in the winter, the rest of the time the tour actually leaves an hour earlier at 11:30am and returns at 3pm. Go to the calendar page and check the actual date you will be in Cabo.

Has anyone been able to contact the operator of Eco-Cat?:confused:

My e-mail keeps getting returned as address not found. I'm using the info link on their web page.

I just called them today because the e-mail link is not working. They speak very little English :) but they were nice and transferred the phone to several people to answer my question. I told them I was arriving on the Carnival Splendor on Friday August 14th and the ship has a departure time of 3:00 PM. I asked if we would be back in time from the tour. The consensus with the people at Eco Cat was that I would have, "like 10 minutes and you can run!" The tour sounds great and all of the reviews sound wonderful but I don't think we will risk it if there are any problems. If someone has actually done this tour let us know!! Thanks! ~Susan

I was able to get in touch with Eco-Cat via phone too.

I did book them for July 14th snorkel trip.

We are on Mariner of the Seas and don't depart until 6PM.

I think the Eco-cat returns to port at 3:30 but dont know for sure.

Sounds a bit too close (4PM) for me.:eek: I would not chance it myself, UNLESS

all passengers on ECO-Cat were from your ship and were able to arrange with captain to get you back at 3 or so.

• 2 weeks later...
Just do a simple search for Cabo Eco Tours and you will find it. Or I suppose you could remove the spaces and add .com and that will work also.

Ooh Thanks, that was the website I was on, but didn't think this was the one for some reason :)

Archived