Do boats dock by a pier or do you tender?

mrandmrscruiser

Hi,

My DH and I are planning a cruise to the bahamas next year. We are planning on going the carnival line on Imagination leaving port canavarel & in nassau for 2 days then back.

I was wondering how do you know if the boat docks at a pier on the island so you can come and go or if it docks out and you have to do a tender boat back and forth?? If it is a tender boat how long does the ride usually take??

Thanks!

Hi,

My DH and I are planning a cruise to the bahamas next year. We are planning on going the carnival line on Imagination leaving port canavarel & in nassau for 2 days then back.

I was wondering how do you know if the boat docks at a pier on the island so you can come and go or if it docks out and you have to do a tender boat back and forth?? If it is a tender boat how long does the ride usually take??

Thanks!

You dock in Nassau

Multiple ships can be docked (no tendering) in Nassau at the same time...there were 4 there when we went in March, including the Majesty of the Seas, an NCL ship, Carnival Sensation and one other I can't think of right now

I will clarify that alittle more for you....the ship will dock right at town. pending # of ships you may be alittle bit of a walk down the plank but nonetheless you are right in the heart of town. When you come thru the port shopping are and excursion stands you will be on the square. to the right you will find the Straw market, senor frogs, Wydam/Sheraton hotel, shopping etc. Most of this you will see if you are on deck when the ship arrives.

If you want to venture to Atlantis you can grab a cab right there or also to the right you will see all the boats that do water excursion and the Atlantis ferry. Ferry ride is nice and takes about 15 mins. Once you get overthere you will have to walk about 1/2-1mile to the hotel. Cab will take you door to door.

You can get a great pic up on deck with the Atlantis in the background as the ship comes in.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived