Anchorage Airport Transportation

d&a Delaware

Arriving ANC August 13, staying 1 night pre cruise at the Sheraton Anchorage, which does not have an airport shuttle. Does anyone know the appx. rate for a taxi for two people from ANC to the Sheraton? Any other options?

David

Arriving ANC August 13, staying 1 night pre cruise at the Sheraton Anchorage, which does not have an airport shuttle. Does anyone know the appx. rate for a taxi for two people from ANC to the Sheraton? Any other options?

David

With tip you're probably looking at the $25 maybe a little more range. No other options versus the city bus and I don't think you'd want to be dragging your luggage off and on and then you'd probably have to change at the transit station.

Susan in Anchorage :)

• 3 weeks later...
With tip you're probably looking at the $25 maybe a little more range. No other options versus the city bus and I don't think you'd want to be dragging your luggage off and on and then you'd probably have to change at the transit station.

Susan - what taxi services in Anchorage do you recommend? I wanted to have some phone #s handy in case we need to call one while we're around town.

Susan - what taxi services in Anchorage do you recommend? I wanted to have some phone #s handy in case we need to call one while we're around town.

Well we had two companies in town merge - Yellow and Alaska Cab so you may get a cab with yellow cab on it or one with Alaska Cab or now they even have cabs that say Alaska Yellow Cab. Well I digressed there a little, but this is who I call for my rides from the house to the airport and their number is 907-222-2222.

Now when it comes from the airport to the house, their is a taxi line and you have to take the next one in line. Have never had a problem with any taxi drivers and fares usually run in the same vicinity each time, maybe $0.50 to $1.00 difference because of traffic and how many of the seven stoplights we hit between my house and the airport.

Hi Susan,

This is a bit of a digression...we're also staying overnight at the Sheraton before leaving for Seward the next day. We've found this company, Salmon Berry Tours, that has offered to pick us up at the airport, take us to the hotel to check in early afternoon, then take us to Mt. Alyessa for the tram ride, then a tour of Anchorage and back to the hotel. They seem a little pricey though. Do you know anything about them...good or bad?

Thanks,

Sam

Hi Susan,

This is a bit of a digression...we're also staying overnight at the Sheraton before leaving for Seward the next day. We've found this company, Salmon Berry Tours, that has offered to pick us up at the airport, take us to the hotel to check in early afternoon, then take us to Mt. Alyessa for the tram ride, then a tour of Anchorage and back to the hotel. They seem a little pricey though. Do you know anything about them...good or bad?

Thanks,

Sam

Sam,

Being from here I have no experience with in town tour companies nor their prices, so I'm sorry but can't help on this one.

Hi,

We are also staying at the Sheraton in Anchorage. However, we only land around midnight. Will there be a problem getting taxis at that time?

Also, slightly off topic, but we are taking the Denali Star train and later on the train to Seward - how long does it take by taxi from the Sheraton to the railway station for these trains?

Thank you very much.

Hi,

We are also staying at the Sheraton in Anchorage. However, we only land around midnight. Will there be a problem getting taxis at that time?

Also, slightly off topic, but we are taking the Denali Star train and later on the train to Seward - how long does it take by taxi from the Sheraton to the railway station for these trains?

Thank you very much.

No problem getting a midnight cab. It's a 5-10 min. cab ride hotel to depot.

Hi Susan,

Thanks,

Sam

Do a search on this board for them, I think I remember someone saying they used this service and they were very good.

Archived