Holiday Inn Miami Beach

CanWeGoYet?

We have reserved this hotel for 2 nights in march, I'm a little concerned by some of the reviews I've found but I am not in the 300 to 400 per night price budget for a hotel.

Any feedback on this hotel from someone who has stayed there recently? On our last trip to miami we only stayed one night & got in too late to do any sightseeing. This time I hope my son & I can make it to the beach, & maybe take a cab or bus to south beach in the afternoon or evening.

Also what can we expect price wise for a cab from MIA to this hotel? Is there a shuttle company that is recommended & less expensive? If anyone knows good dining options for meals I would love to hear it. I am not certain about booking with the breakfast included since it looks pricey & I'm not sure if my son will get up early enough for it.

TIY for any info.

I'm not a fan of the area at all. Mid Beach has a lot of heavy car traffic but it is at the start of the Boardwalk which goes all the way down to South Pointe Park in South Beach. Cab is a set price. Around $32 I think. You may want to think about a cheap car rental.

The beach is just fine.

What time of year are you going that the hotels are so expensive? Always beware when one hotel is price significantly less than what the others are priced.

We will be going in march.

The rental car is a possibility. Maybe we would opt to stay closer to the airport, we had a pleasant stay at Homewood Suites blue lagoon back in april.

I am wondering if hotels are really booking up this early, or if some hotels are just holding back rooms. When I tried to book Homewood Suites MIA blue lagoon, it listed the friday night of our stay as sold out. I'm seeing many of the more popular hotels in the below 200 per night category listing no vacancies as well. The rates for these dates look to be well above the yearly average for a nightly stay.

We will be going in march.

The rental car is a possibility. Maybe we would opt to stay closer to the airport, we had a pleasant stay at Homewood Suites blue lagoon back in april.

I am wondering if hotels are really booking up this early, or if some hotels are just holding back rooms. When I tried to book Homewood Suites MIA blue lagoon, it listed the friday night of our stay as sold out. I'm seeing many of the more popular hotels in the below 200 per night category listing no vacancies as well. The rates for these dates look to be well above the yearly average for a nightly stay.

I can promise you that hotels do not hold back rooms.

March is peak season.

Also, you may be trying to book during a large conference or convention and the hotel's rooms may already be tied up in a room block.

Archived