Major Catastrophe for an 8, 9, and 11 yr old!

Caligirl75

We just returned from a very wonderful and magical week on the Disney Magic. It was the first Disney cruise for me, my husband, and our 3 kiddos.

My children's favorite part of the cruise was the Golden Mickeys. In fact, they used their own money to purchase on of the Golden Mickey awards and had Guest Relations have it signed by Mickey Mouse. They were very proud of these. Well, when we unpacked this morning, one of the 3 Golden Mickeys was broken. Naturally, this was very upsetting to them.

My dilema is that you can only get these on board the ship. And, the one's for sale on auction sites are not the current awards being sold on the ship.

I was hoping one of my fellow Cruise Critic Disney fans can help me out. If anyone who is cruising and would be willing to purchase one on the ship, have it signed by Mickey, and sent it to Oklahoma, I will cover all costs and include a convenience fee.

Please e-mail me at Caligrl75@hotmail.com, if you can help me out! My kiddos and myself would be forever grateful to you!

Thanks,

Michele

You might want to call or write to DCL and ask if there is a way to get this replaced even though they weren't at fault. At the least they'll take your money and send you one, at best you might get it replaced for free. Disney's customer service is outstanding.

Try contacting Disney. In my case we sailed in Europe and my daughter missed one pin in a set that commemerated the trip. I called and tried to purchase that pin and the women said she would look into it and WOW in about a month the pin showed up in the mail at no charge. We love Disney just for the small things they do. Good luck with your problem.

Ill go one better for you. If you have any of your recipts from on board there is an 800 number for merchandise. Call them up and explain what happened. Worst case scenario, you can buy a new one directly from them.

When I was on the Wonder last Sept, my son wanted one of the ceramic models of the ship. When we went back to get it they had none left. The cm told us about the number on the recipts.

Archived