Bus from Capri's Marina Grande to Anacapri's Piazza Vittoria

Is there a direct bus from Capri's Marina Grande to Anacapri's Piazza Vittoria ? I would like to do the chair lift to Mt. Solaro right after I get off the hydrofoil. Has anyone done this in the past ? Where can I catch this bus ? Is it the same place where I catch the bus to Capri's Piazza Umberto I ? What is the bus number ?

Thanks in advance.

I've done the chair lift and definitely recommend it, but we took a taxi from the Marina to Anacapri. There were buses on the road however. Don't know where they pick up in Capri, but in Anacapri, it was right beside the little square that is the main center of town. One option would be to take a taxi up, and if you thought it was too expensive, you could always take the bus back down. We took a taxi both ways. No idea how much it cost as my husband paid for it, but it couldn't have been outrageous or I would have heard about it.

After you have arrived by ferry at Marina Grande, take the funicular to the main piazza (Piazza Umberto) and clocktower then turn right and walk down the street and you will find the bus stop.

Alternatively you can take a cab up to Pz. Umberto where you will be dropped off near the bus stop. Or take a cab direct to Anacapri.

Buses run frequently to Anacapri and their should be plenty of cabs at Marina Grande.

We are planning on spending a day in Capri in August, and my research suggests there is a bus directly from Marina Grande to Anacapri. There should be 2 buses each hour, but I can't find an actual schedule.

The bus stop is just beyond the building on the dock where you buy your return ferry tickets, that is also where you buy your bus tickets.

Archived