New Orleans -how long to get from the Port out to the Gulf

gescn

• 4 weeks later...

It took us about 16 hours. That was because one of the engines broke and we had to drop anchor in the mississippi at about 8:00 at night and didnt get going again until 4 am, it was kind of funny big tex kept coming on overhead saying he was just reporting there was nothing to report. I think people kept bugging him so it was the easiest way to tell them to let them do their work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
is it a rough until you get to the gulf? what is the difference?

We are going out of NO in January, just wondering why you would ask such a question

the ship rocks back and forth as she goes around the curves...the Mississippi River is very curvy! But I've never felt that it rocked a great deal to cause concern or anything....;)

the ship rocks back and forth as she goes around the curves...the Mississippi River is very curvy! But I've never felt that it rocked a great deal to cause concern or anything....;)

Thanks, I was just wondering the differnece.

• 1 month later...

About 4 years ago, I went on the NCL Sun from N.O. The boatd left at around 5pm. The following morning, at breakfast, people asked us if we were awoken with the boat leaning over. Apparently at about 1am, the boat reached the gulf of Mexico and hit some bad turbelance. This caused the boat to lean over quite a bit. Luckily for me I was asleep. Some staff in the shops said that some merchandise like perfume bottles got damaged by this movement.

Archived