Corkage Fee for Carival purchased champagne/wine

I was considering ordering the champagne basket to have placed in our stateroom. If we took the bottle to supper would they still charge the corkage fee since we did buy it through them? Just curious. I did read somewhere that a couple just uncorked the bottle in their room and brought it to dinner and was not charged that way. Just curious how it works.

I was considering ordering the champagne basket to have placed in our stateroom. If we took the bottle to supper would they still charge the corkage fee since we did buy it through them? Just curious. I did read somewhere that a couple just uncorked the bottle in their room and brought it to dinner and was not charged that way. Just curious how it works.

If it's a bottle that was purchased through the Bon Voyage Dept., you are not charged a corkage fee in the MDR. If they try to charge you, just let them know you purchased the bottle from Carnival and there is no corkage fee.

Archived