Margaritaville

DustFSU

Can anyone tell me if the margaritaville in grand cayman is in walking distance from where the tenders drop you off or do I have to taxi? Thanks :D

Oh yes it is!! that is as far as I got on our last cruise stop in Grand Cayman!! Had a blast!!!:p

Can anyone tell me if the margaritaville in grand cayman is in walking distance from where the tenders drop you off or do I have to taxi? Thanks :D

Hubby and I just got back from Grand Cayman 2 weeks ago, beautiful place, but can be expensive!! Yes, it is from walking distance from the pier, it's in a really nice shopping area too! :)

We went to Margaritaville, it was really cool, they play some awesome tunes while you're looking in their souvenir shop...LOL!! However, just wanna give you a little heads up, while you're wandering in their souvenir shop, the people who work in there watch you LIKE A HAWK!! I had purchased some things in there. But I was holding a few items while walking around and browsing like we women do (lol), and my hubby said I needed to hurry and pay for them because the manager of the place kept watching my every move. :confused: I didn't care for that too much! :rolleyes:

Margaritaville (restaurant and bar) is on the second floor of Island Plaza which is directly across the street from the North Terminal where some ship tenders drop off.

If you are arriving at the South Terminal then it would be a left turn and a short walk. If you are arriving at the new Royal Watler Terminal then it would be a right turn and a short walk.

When stumbling back, don't forget that traffic is coming from the opposite direction than what you expect. Stop and look both ways, and look again, before stepping out. The one place you probably aren't hoping to visit in Cayman is our Accident & Emergency department at the hospital.

• 2 weeks later...

We were lucky enough to be in Grand Cayman 1/8/09 when Jimmy made a surprise appearance at Margaritaville. The guy on stilts handing out coupons at the pier was telling everyone "Jimmy's in da house today" we thought yeah right... All we had booked was the Trolley Roger (we really enjoyed this) & then DD wanted to do some snorkeling. We headed to Margaritaville after our tour & sure enough, it was true. We grabbed a table, ordered food & drinks & waited with everyone else. Had a blast watching Quest. Got to see Jimmy play for about an hour. We booked the same week next January, DD is hoping we will luck out again. I am pretty sure that was a once in a lifetime event.

On our first visit to GC, DH saw Guy Harvey in his studio & wanted to go back this time. He mentioned at Margaritaville that he wouldn't have time to so back. During his concert, Jimmy annnounced that his good friend Guy Harvey was there. DH & DD found him & got a picture taken with him.

Happy Cruising!!!

Just follow the herds and you will find it. We were just there a few days ago, and the waiter said that when 2 ships had been in the day before (FOS and a Carnival ship), there was a line to the street to get in. Great drinks! Have fun!

• 2 weeks later...
Margaritaville (restaurant and bar) is on the second floor of Island Plaza which is directly across the street from the North Terminal where some ship tenders drop off.

If you are arriving at the South Terminal then it would be a left turn and a short walk. If you are arriving at the new Royal Watler Terminal then it would be a right turn and a short walk.

When stumbling back, don't forget that traffic is coming from the opposite direction than what you expect. Stop and look both ways, and look again, before stepping out. The one place you probably aren't hoping to visit in Cayman is our Accident & Emergency department at the hospital.

Everyone keeps talking about how expensive things are there; can you tell me what a typical food item (burger, fish tacos, e.g.) costs at M-Ville? How much is a beer? A frozen concoction? :)

Archived