I did it...

natvtxn

...tonight I booked 8-14-09 on Radiance for myself, husband, and my Dad. My Dad has never been on a cruise, so I'm excited for him. None of us have been to Alaska, so we are ALL excited about that! Thanks for all of the info to help in the decision making. Now I've got to get airline reservations, excursions and hotels lined up.

A few added questions now that we are booked...

Need a hotel in Vancouver. We've got mucho points with Holiday Inn. Is there one worth staying (read "location") in Vancouver? We want to go to Gastown, Chinatown and also be close to the dock (prefer walking?).

What is a 3/4 day itinerary after getting to Seward. We want to rent a car (where) and do our own thing for 3 or 4 more days.

Congratulations on booking your first Alaska cruise!!!!! You will love it.

If you have a few days after the cruise, you should definitely drive up to Denali. If you search these boards, you will find lots of advice available.

Enjoy your trip!!!!!!!

If you want to include Denali Park, you need to look at 4 extra days, needing two nights at Denali Park. This includes a day in Seward- which is a gem, not to be missed, if you are there. This is bare min. time to allow, if you have more, then add it.

There is a post which gives GREAT info on Vancouver ..Vancouver by Vancouverite I think

When are you going

We are going in early July staying at Plaza 500 .I got it on a cheap travel sight ...the warm one....

You can also email Bc and Vancouver Tourist bureaus ..I did to get stuff

Bon Voyage

I can't wait to see Vancouver

Archived