Darling Harbour Hotels for a family of four

We are cruising this December and it leaves from Darling Harbour. Looking for suggestions on hotels nearby that can accommodate a family of 4 eg 2 double beds in hotel room. We also like to get a package whereby they include breakfast. Basically we are looking for good deals.

Some hotels that I have contacted only accommodate 3 in a room.

Not looking for 5 star hotels, just good clean value for money hotels.

When do most of the deals come out for December? I was reading one thread whereby Accor were doing great deals at the Novotel at Darling Harbour earlier this year.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi!

We are cruising from Darling Harbour in August and found the following hotels will accomodate a family of 4 - all are 2 x double bed set up.

Novotel Darling Harbour - Executive Darling Harbour View Room (includes kids stay & eat free) was $269 or $289 flexible rate. We booked this one - we really wanted to be able to see the water and couldn't justify the $$ for Grand Mecure.

Grand Mecure Apartments Darling Harbour - Pyrmont View $309/Harbour View $409.

Crowne Plaza Darling Harbour - $265 including Breakfast

Holiday Inn Darling Harbour - $225/$250 including Breakfast

Most of the others in the area will only accomodate 2 - 3 people in one room - by the time you pay for more than one room it gets a wee bit expensive!!

We are parking our car at the Harbourside carpark while we are away - so the Novotel was a good location - will just put daddy and suitcases in a cab and I will walk over with 2 little people and meet him at Wharf 8 for check in.

Hope this helps

Dea

Hi

I have just been through this exercise as well looking for something before we depart Sydney on 1/12. I had hoped to have 3 nights before we left but decided against staying on the Saturday night as the prices were so much more then.

We booked a 2 bedroom apartment at Meriton Pitt Street for $310.00 for 2 nights which I thought great value. This was a special through entertainment card. I have just checked Meriton direct and if you only want the night before you depart it is $240.00 because it is a Saturday. Worth checking if you are looking at more than one night. Good luck.

Lesley:)

Hi Lesley

Seems to be that the specials won't come out for a couple of months yet. Getaway have just advertised a special at the Old Sydney Holiday Inn Priced from $124.00 per night in a King Room, this special runs out in August.

I was told by some hotels that December gets more expensive because of company Xmas parties.

Time will tell.

Leanne

Getaway have just advertised a special at the Old Sydney Holiday Inn Priced from $124.00 per night in a King Room

I just saw that on Getaway too. An amazing price for the Rocks but not very convenient for the wharf at Darling Harbour.

I like the Four Points Sheraton down in King St Wharf area (only a short walk to the ship) but living in Sydney I have no idea how much it costs. I have had family stay there and they had 2 double beds in their rooms.

Last December we went on NYE cruise and asked same question on here. Quite a few people (who also booked on cruise) said they had booked at The Menzies - $139.00 (sleeps 4) including full buffet breakfast for 4. I thought this sounded waaaaaay too cheap so I rang myself (it is thru Accor Hotels) and it was right, December always cheaper rate, business people book thru year then leave at xmas time. It was a 5 min walk to ship (all down hill) room was really nice and modern and the brecky was great....we got taxi from airport to there but the Wynyard train station in over the road (10mtrs) so we could have got train direct from airport basically straight to hotel... Fiona

Archived