Wacky Rollers Adventure Tours

ldeflavia

For what its worth I hemmed and hawed about using Antours outside of the ship. In the end we went with the ship because our time in Dominca was short, and I couldn't get a warm fuzzy feeling about the end time of the tour. Can't say about Wacky Rollers, if it is the same that the ship uses.

We booked directly with Wacky Rolloers a couple of year ago, not for a tour but for their ziplinning. There were great, they sent a taxi to collect us, which arrived exactly on time, and the advernture park itself was great fun only four of us were ziplining they guys were very safety conscious we had 3 of them to 4 of us, another couple were in out taxi did their river tubing and they enjoyed it too.

Angela

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update everyone we ended up booking the Adventure Park/Zipline directly through Wacky Rollers. It was awesome!!! They picked us up right at the ship at exactly the time stated (there were 8 in our group) and gave us a quick tour/information about the island while driving to the park. The obstacle course and ziplines were alot of fun. A bit strenuous but totally worth it! The guides were great and helped you out. Then got us back to the ship in plenty of time. And the best part was booking directly through them vs. the ship saved us $34 pp. So you can't beat that!

• 4 weeks later...

We have used Wacky Rollers privately twice (Jan 2008 & 2009) and have had excellent experiences. In 2008 we used them for a private tubing trip for a group of Cruise Critic friends. We went earlier then the group going with the ship (Royal Caribbean-over the Christmas holidays). We had 15 people in our group and we had a blast. Comparing notes with those on the ship excursion...we did a lot more on the river then they did. They had a group of 60 and had to stop often to let everyone catch up. We booked it again, through the website, for 2009. We were picked up at the dock (excellent vehicles, excellent drivers, waiting with a sign w/our name on it) and taken to the river where we joined....the group from the ship! There were only about 30 or so in the group (Celebrity ship, not over a holiday!). Lots of employees from Wacky rollers are in the water to help you out and keep you off the rocks. Most are college students (a short survey revealed they were majoring in stuff like Physics and BioChemistry :D ..seriously!) Once again, we had a great time!

After tubing, we were taken back to the ship. Six of us decided we wanted to continues ur driver (who actually works through West End Taxi- that is who you book the wacky rollers tour through) After questioning our driver and insisting we wanted to do something active, we agreed to a price of $25 pp for the afternoon and took off on an amazing adventure. Driving through, towns, country side and jungle, he took us up a mountain and into a lush forest where we hiked to Titou gorge and swam in the pools and jumped into the waterfall (yes it was cold!). Admission was FREE. A cold Kabuli Beer $2. The experience...well...you know. Here is a video of people i don't know enjoying it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYQDZRVS70s Our driver provided us with floatation devices (they belonged to Wacky Rollers and are stored at the site). Took pictures of us and with us...swam with us...and helped us across the water to the ledge so we could jump into the waterfall. And of course hiked with us, laughed with us and told us stories.

From there we drove past steam caves and through more lush forests, stopping to buy fresh coffee beans from vendors on the side of the road. We ended up at Screw's Sulphur Spa. A $10 entrance fee included fresh, organic fruit when we were done soaking in the sulphur pools...which were....amazing. Cold Kabuli was also avail for a couple of bucks ("if it nice, try it twice!") Here is a video of someone I dont know enjoying the pools: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pMO0ur6x00

Again, our driver, soaked and swam with us, then took us back to the ship, making a detour to take us through the botanical gardens and point out the most interesting stuff!

Eventually he dropped us off back at the ship. We had so much fun, we booked another cruise to go back....my dh wasn't with us (he opted for a nap on the ship)....and now I have to show him.

Ok enough with the memories...Based upon our two experiences with the company over the past two years, I would be pleased to recommend both Wacky Rollers & their partner West Coast Taxi for their professionalism, competent and friendly employees and excellent customer service.

Enjoy your cruise!

Very few facilities on Dominica and what there are charge $1. When I went tubing there were no facitilities at all along the river. We went to Emerald Pool before the tubing and there were rest rooms ($1) and we stopped at the beach afterwards where there were also rest rooms (no charge).

Archived